Ebay question. When would you start to be concerned?

Home Forum Chat Forum Ebay question. When would you start to be concerned?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Ebay question. When would you start to be concerned?
  • winston_dog

The weekend may be making this seem to be worse than it is.

The first bike I sold on ebay, I was quite slow posting it, mainly because I hadn’t boxed it up before the auction and then got distracted with other things.
    The next bike I sold, I photographed and then boxed it up ready to go before putting on ebay.

I would send another email and if he doesn’t respond then flag it it up to ebay.

Hopefully, he has just been out riding in the good weather!

Premier Icon unknown
    Subscriber

I wouldn’t be concerned as such, as you’ll get the bike or your money back. I would be pretty peeved over a delay of a week and no response though.

Premier Icon PePPeR
    Subscriber

What ever happened to the 28 days that used to be the standard length of time we had to expect?

I sell stuff on Ebay and am getting emails on Sundays asking where their items are! Last time I checked Royal Mail weren’t delivering on Sundays?

b r

Unless it was a brand new bike, I’d have wanting to collect £2.5k’s worth of s/h bike – just to make sure it was as described.

nealglover

What ever happened to the 28 days that used to be the standard length of time we had to expect?

That was in the 1980’s and it was from the Littlewoods catalogue.

Things have moved on a bit since then.

neallyman

Yeah I think it is the lack of reponse that has me worried.
    Re the postage timescales, ebay asks you to state your chosen postage method and timescales for this reason, ie avoid any doubts etc. I always try to stick to mine when sending and would especially do ao for an item this valuable. Excellent littlewoods catalogue comment btw. 🙂

neallyman

Bought a bike off Ebay last week at a pretty significant cost (not far off £2.5k).

I paid for it last Monday and the item should have been posted to be with me Wed/Thurs (as detailed on the listing). The chap emailed to say he couldn’t post until Wed but it would be with me Thurs (possibly Friday at latest). No problems there.

No sign Friday and no sign Saturday. I emailed him Saturday and no reply has been offered, silence. Wife just text to say there has been no delivery or card left today.

I’d be relaxed normally but slightly nervous due to the sums involved.

It was a standard ebay transaction, item won/confirmed and paid via Paypal goods, so that is protection I suppose. But at what point do you start ringing some alarm bells? 😕

patriotpro

£2 .5k on a sh bike you haven’t inspected. Wow you’re crackers/brave/daft/rich… 😉

neallyman

£2 .5k on a sh bike you haven’t inspected. Wow you’re crackers/brave/daft/rich…

Yeah probably a little it of all the above.
    I don’t see the issue, the bike was well described. If I find it differently when it arrives I’ll pursue a refund, should be very well protected in that regard. I once had to refund a buyer for a set of wheels I sold, I believed I’d described them well but he wasn’t impressed by a ding on the rear wheel. As the seller I found I had little way to argue my case, I had to refund.

Anyways…seller has been in touch to say the bike is in transit and he will send the tracking details, so we’ll wait and see. Cheers

MS

I had similar a few weeks ago with a frame I bought on eBay. Bought on Saturday, arrived the next Saturday.

I suppose you just got to remember that getting to the post office or waiting for a courier to collect may take a bit longer than a shop can do it. Sounds like its on its way though so all should be good.

Out of interest – What bike was it???

neallyman

A mondraker summum pro team. 2013 with be forward geo etc. Hopefully it’s as good as it looked in pics.
    Also got confirmation my Bronson frame arrive at jungle today after 2 months waiting so I’m hoping its going to be a productive week bike wise… 😈

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Ebay question. When would you start to be concerned?’ is closed to new replies.