Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Ebay Q
  • Jakester
    Free Member

I’m selling a fairly recent iPhone on eBay.

It’s a high spec one, in full working order, with a small crack right at the bottom of the face.

It was previously on for a BIN which attracted random offers from the States, Italy etc but no genuine offers, but had 300+ views.

It’s on for no reserve. It’s got no bids whatsoever. Only 27 views It’s got about three or four days to run.

An identical one, with a smashed screen sold as spare or repairs, is currently sat at £109 with 2 days to go.

Insofar as I can tell, the details included in the auctions are broadly the same.

What’s going on? Is it because it’s been re-listed it’s not showing up for some reason?

P-Jay
    Free Member

Certain popular consumer goods, like iPhones are incredibly abundant on eBay.

People aren’t on there for hours looking for the exact phone they want because there’s usually hundreds if not thousands of the exact model / colour / capacity they want so they’ll bid on the one ending soonest.

You’ll likely not see a sniff of activity until the last day, sometimes the last few hours, you only need to look at the last few sold to know what’ll sell for, they don’t vary much.

Given your description you should be listing it as Used (see details) or however they word it, when you can list the slight damage. Although it’ll likely not affect the price much, sometimes people get so caught up in ‘winning’ the latest one they don’t check the details so you need it there when they find the crack.

Jakester
    Free Member

Given your description you should be listing it as Used (see details) or however they word it, when you can list the slight damage. Although it’ll likely not affect the price much, sometimes people get so caught up in ‘winning’ the latest one they don’t check the details so you need it there when they find the crack.

Oh, yes, I have been very clear about the damage etc – full pics and description so hopefully I won’t end up with a nightmare buyer.

Last time I did it was with a 3G and that went for way more than I expected though didn’t have a crack, so hoping for the same again. Surprised someone will buy a clearly smashed screen phone though for three figures plus, and hoping mine does better then!

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

Ensure you send the buyer a picture of the
    IMEI alongside the box IMEI , people can buy a working phone and send back their own broken phone for a claim/ refund

Jakester
    Free Member

Ensure you send the buyer a picture of the
    IMEI alongside the box IMEI , people can buy a working phone and send back their own broken phone for a claim/ refund

Thanks, a good tip – I have pics of the phone IMEI/serial no but hadn’t thought to send it to any eventual buyer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Ebay Q’ is closed to new replies.