Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • eBay midsold/return dilemma
  • fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    I bought what I believed to be a set of Apple AirPods off eBay based on listing description and pictures.
    What arrived clearly wasn’t genuine product so requested a refund. This was refused by seller so reported to eBay and case was granted in my favour.
    So I sent the item back and was given a refund. All good so far!
    Today the package was returned to me as “addressee gone away”. Checked my bank account and money still there.
    So what now? Can I just keep them or is there likely to be ongoing issues?
    Any advice appreciated
    Cheers
    Steve

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

Perhaps ask eBay…

fatgit
    Free Member

Larry
    Doh good idea. Did that and they said I could do whatever I wanted as it wasn’t my fault they were returned
    Thanks

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

So there’s your answer… [facepalm]

Daffy

The last time I raised a case about a counterfeit item with eBay, they refunded me and told me to destroy the item…

nickjb
    Free Member

Probably just a forwarding warehouse passing stuff on directly from China so there isn’t actually a “seller” there. As eBay say, do what you like with them. If you really do feel guilty then sell them and give the money to charity

breadcrumb

I bought (the wrong) ink from Currys and returned it. eBay noticed I hadn’t had a refund so stepped in and refunded me.

For some reason Currys posted it back to me. Asked them what should I do as the return option has gone, they asked me to ring a helpline but it’s approximately 60 minutes wait time.

I haven’t rang strangely enough.

damascus
    Free Member

Keep them and don’t worry about it.

I’d be asking ebay what they are doing about a seller selling counterfeit goods on ebay?

I bet they are still selling via China!

kerley
    Free Member

Perhaps ask eBay…

Always good advice for the daily eBay threads that seem to appear, same with PayPal. They can both be contacted by phone and in my experience have been helpful when I have phone them.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘eBay midsold/return dilemma’ is closed to new replies.