• This topic has 92 replies, 48 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by xora.
Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • eBay item I sent but apparently 'not delivered' – close my paypal account?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Update…. He’s got the parcel.
    It was delivered to a neighbour who’d forgotten about it apparently.

Despite eBay sending an email stating that it has been dispatched and with the tracking number, the buyer hadn’t bothered to look at when it was going to be delivered.

Jamie
    Free Member

How convenient.

avdave2

Despite eBay sending an email stating that it has been dispatched and with the tracking number, the buyer hadn’t bothered to look at when it was going to be delivered.

So basically they did nothing wrong at all and all your suspicions about them were spurious and unfounded. And yet you still seem to you want to attach an element of blame to them. 🙂

convert

Update…. He’s got the parcel.
    It was delivered to a neighbour who’d forgotten about it apparently.

So the courier really covered themselves in glory. Left in porch=delivered to neighbour. Good thing their information wouldn’t be used in judgement on anything silly like who is hundreds of pounds out of pocket.

Cougar

I’m glad it’s sorted.

For future reference: pay for the bloody insurance you skinflint. (-:

Cougar

TBH, I can sympathise. Our local Yodel delivery blokes have several times interpreted “safe place” as “somewhere in the same postcode.”

Thing is though, as the seller there are two contracts in play. One between you and the buyer, and another between you and the courier. Had this have gone sideways, the buyer defers to you as the seller to sort it out, it’s your problem. You then take it up with the courier and contest their notions of “delivered” and “safe place.”

The buyer -might- be a scammer, or might equally well be some poor sod wondering why he’s sent a couple of hundred quid to a complete stranger and is going going “oh, it says it’s been delivered so I’ve done my bit, bollocks to you lol.” Meanwhile he’s over on proptrackworld.com going “have I been ripped off” and armchair experts are going “yes, credit card chargeback, ebay dispute.” You’ve no way of knowing, but it’s 100% your responsibility to ensure that the goods arrive and 100% your responsibility to resolve it if they claim it hasn’t.

convert

Oh Cougar, cougar you are talking like an old fart with your ‘responsibilities’ and ‘contracts’. That’s not how it goes down these days.

Number 1 – all buyers are on the scam unless you are the buyer then it’s the sellers that are the wronguns.

Number 2 – Have you got a screen shot good enough to slide through the ebay scam police ruling? If it say’s delivered you’re golden.

outofbreath
    Free Member

So the courier really covered themselves in glory. Left in porch=delivered to neighbour.

Maybe, I’ve had cards through the door saying “left with the neighbour” when it was actually behind the gate and vice versa. Or maybe the buyer found it behind a pair of wellies in the porch and covered his embarrassment by claiming it was with a neighbour – I found a small 2 week old parcel for the wife behind a flowerpot in my front garden once. Low value item she’d forgotten about and hadn’t chased. We’ll never know what really happened in this case.

I’m glad for sharkbait it worked out, I’ve no idea what the law says but my sympathy was always with him!

Xylene
    Free Member

How big were the wellies?

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Hopefully I’m not too late here but most of the posts illustrate that myhermes and the like have a fundamental problem with their delivery system which is that THERE IS NO MEANS FOR THE BUYER TO COLLECT THE PARCEL FROM THEIR DEPOT.

Sorry for the caps, but they seem wholly ignorant of the fact that in order for a delivery system to work, buyers need the reassurance that the item is stored somewhere safe to collect within a reasonable time.

Royal Mail, FedEx and ups all offer this facility as it saves them having to return the item, should home delivery be unsuitable.

I pity the bloke from myhermes who has to make the deliveries. Personally, I’d rather they left a card, saying where it can be picked up, rather than repeatedly trying to make a delivery when the buyers out. It’s a waste of everyone’s time.

The only time I’d use myhermes etc is when sending an item to an actual business…office hours, receptionist, etc.

convert

Hopefully I’m not too late here but most of the posts illustrate that myhermes and the like have a fundamental problem with their delivery system which is that THERE IS NO MEANS FOR THE BUYER TO COLLECT THE PARCEL FROM THEIR DEPOT.

Sorry for the caps, but they seem wholly ignorant of the fact that in order for a delivery system to work, buyers need the reassurance that the item is stored somewhere safe to collect within a reasonable time.

Royal Mail, FedEx and ups all offer this facility as it saves them having to return the item, should home delivery be unsuitable.

I pity the bloke from myhermes who has to make the deliveries. Personally, I’d rather they left a card, saying where it can be picked up, rather than repeatedly trying to make a delivery when the buyers out. It’s a waste of everyone’s time.

The only time I’d use myhermes etc is when sending an item to an actual business…office hours, receptionist, etc.

Oddly this thread has made me decide I’ll use Collect Plus for my next selling transaction despite what I’ve said about them! But using the deliver to shop option to the buyers shop of choice only. That has to be as close to safe and reliable for both sides as possible. Slightly more faff for them if delivery is normally easy but there it is. Only difference is I’ll insure it for the right amount 😉

sharkbait
    Free Member

Needless to say I’m glad this has ended OK for both me and the buyer 😉

I’ll continue to use CollectPlus as I’ve used it quite a lot, it’s not let me down so far (!) and it works for me as I’m pretty near a couple of drop off points. Obviously I nearly cocked up by not covering the full insurance, so there’s a lesson there to be learnt, although there is a grey area when the company says it’s been delivered and yet the addressee says it hasn’t.

If we didn’t live in a world where so many people are playing the system it would be easy to be more trusting – but unfortunately it’s not like that and it’s far too easy to be taken advantage of.
    I still don’t understand why the buyer didn’t contact me until two weeks after the delivery was due to take place (he knew how it was being sent and would have had emails from eBay stating that it had been dispatched and when to expect it) – but there you go. If I’d spent £200 on something I’d be watching it like a hawk!

Just one point for future reference…. if you buy Collect Plus postage through eBay it does not give you the option of changing the insurance or paying for a signature – so buy through the CP website if you need extra insurance.

xora

Just one point for future reference…. if you buy Collect Plus postage through eBay it does not give you the option of changing the insurance or paying for a signature – so buy through the CP website if you need extra insurance.

Considering how much profit they make on that insurance I would moan at them on Social Media to get it fixed through ebay!

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘eBay item I sent but apparently 'not delivered' – close my paypal account?’ is closed to new replies.