Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)
  • eBay – I really made this guy mad.
  • teadrinker
    Free Member

So would you accept a BIN offer for less than £50 as that would mean you didn’t think you were ripping somebody off?

As fishy as it sounds yes.

patriotpro
    Free Member

You should have taken the bait and accepted his offer.

Either that or invited him round to batter him.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Tell him to sling his hook………. oh wait, he can’t can’t 🙁

wwaswas

It’s giving me a haddock.

you’re too tench.

seba560
    Free Member

For Cod’s sake!! Is this going to be another one of those crappy pun threads?

fitnessischeating
    Free Member

they are odd sometimes, just ignore them, I had to work hard not to raise to the bait on this exchange, (start at the end and work up)

Dear Fitnessischeating

il not bother thanks with a snotty reply like that il keep looking
    small tip
    (manners cast nothing)
    – dra…

Dear dra…

There is no buy it now price the auction will run in full

Payment will be expected as cash on collection, we are not looking for a trade
    – Fitnessischeating

Dear Fitnessischeating

Hi mate
    do you have a bin prie?
    or would u wanna do a deal on my kenwood hifi?
    thanks
    scott
    – dra…..

rogermoore

Take a cautious approach perchance?
    RM.

wwaswas

For Cod’s sake!! Is this going to be another one of those crappy pun threads?

don’t get your feathers ruffled, calm down and stay on your perch.

molgrips
    Free Member

Give it a rest, for Christ’s hake.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Why would someone offer waaay over the odds on something that is prob not going to reach that value in the auction?
    1) The item is rare and valuable and he’s still getting it at a steal for £80
    OR
    2) He’s as dodgy as a sheep in suspenders.

teadrinker
    Free Member

This one, I should also mention he joined eBay 3/2/13 and had zero feedback.

dooosuk
    Free Member

How would it be dodgy if he came to your house and paid cash on collection?

Then you could just end the auction after the item was collected.

Am I missing something (other than the paranoia that he knows where you live)

butcher

Obviously fishing for trouble.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

“This one, I should also mention he joined eBay 3/2/13 and had zero feedback. “

Well there’s your BASSic problem

wwaswas

Obviously fishing for trouble.

Typical Pisces.

Squidlord
    Free Member

Teadrinker might have landed a good deal, but I agree that the bidder was probably spinning a line. OP’s made a rod for his own back by fishing for comments on here though.

fatboyjon

Ask him nicely to bid £80, then when he wins and comes to collect, wee in his waders.

Cougar

How would it be dodgy if he came to your house and paid cash on collection?

… with a couple of burly mates.

nicko74

Either way, I’m having a whale of a time reading this thread

officialtob
    Free Member

I’ve definitely haddock enough of these fish puns now.

seba560
    Free Member

Looks like someone’s angling for a fight, you’d betta jack it in or mako shark exit!!

vorlich
    Free Member

That’s a bloody mammal. 😛

andywoods
    Free Member

debating whether to buy it for £50 and sell it to the other guy for £70 everyones a winner

ampthill

I don’t remember the details but i had a mate nearly get scammed on a car.

Its something like you accept a good BIN offer on a collect item. They then say that they can’t collect in person as they are (abroad on an oil rig etc.)

So they offer to send a courier and pay you through a bank transfer. Some one then collects the car and then suddenly it all goes belly up

either they claim that they never recieved the goods and they know nothing about the courier or the money goes in and then back out of your account

Soyry can’t remember the full scam

or is it this

Here’s the scam:

1. The buyer pays for the item via Paypal and arranges to collect the item in person – say for example it’s a TV sold for £500 – but once he has taken possession of the TV he files an item not received complaint with Paypal.

2. You have no proof to show Paypal that the buyer received the item because it was collected in person! The “buyer” now has your TV and Paypal refund him the £500 from your account.

So, why in the name of god don’t Ebay warn people about this scam and allow sellers to deny buyers the Paypal payment option for collect-in-person local pick ups?

from here

http://community.ebay.co.uk/question/Trust-Safety/Collect-Person-Pay/2000044794

That last one makes sense

piemonster

You’d be safe if he paid with PayPal gift.

nicko74

vorlich – Member

That’s a bloody mammal.
    It’s still aquatic though, does it count? I thought I might be herring from someone about that.

Trying to work out how to shoehorn Aholehole into a pun, but I may have to bass.

wrecker
    Free Member

I don’t blame the OP for not wanting the buyer around his plaice. If he was the sole occupant it could have turned bad, buyer may have been big with loads of mussels and started whale-ing on him.

patriotpro
    Free Member

[/quote]andywoods – Member
    debating whether to buy it for £50 and sell it to the other guy for £70 everyones a winner

We have a shark.

MarkLG
    Free Member

I sell plenty of stuff on ebay and usually just put it on an auction and see what it goes for.
    Nearly very item gets ‘What your buy it now price mate’ question. There a lot of buyers out there who either can’t wait a couple of days for the auction to end, or just don’t grasp the idea of how an auction works. 😕

pedropete

Turtle nightmare

justatheory
    Free Member

This is all a bit piscatorial

nicko74

pedropete – Member

Turtle nightmare
    Mark Lawrenson!

shotsaway
    Free Member

I’ve been trawling through this thread and before it goes overboard, the OP gets offered 80 squid and he doesn’t even mullet over! I think that is quite shellfish. Although as the buyer is new to eBay, that could indicate that he is up to somefin fishy and if you did shell it to him, you really could get stuck between a rock and a hard plaice.

konabunny
    Free Member

I don’t nkow why the OP was so koi about naming his BIN price in the first place. If he had accepted the offer, he would have made an immediate profit to the tuna 80 quid!

bigyinn
    Free Member

The was no BIN option on the auction.
    Rules state not to accept offers outside of e-bay.

boblo
    Free Member

teadrinker
    Free Member

STW members you are awesome. I knew if posted on here the fishy puns would come out in force. I just had to supply the bait and then reel you all in 😀

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I’m impressed with the childishness of the want to be buyer. If all fishermen are like that maybe it’s the sport for me, it’s even more childish than mountain biking.

Fair play on the OP for sticking to the rules. I did that’s once. Auctioned a bike and got £122 but bloke who won it offered £165 a few days earlier if I ended early. I only expected £100 so we were both happy. Although, in hindsight I would have been even more happy with £165.

Sorry no fish jokes, but if you are going into business selling fishing tackle, I’ start off as a small scale operation.

zokes
    Free Member

I knew if posted on here the fishy puns would come out in force. I just had to supply the bait and then reel you all in

So you were doing it on porpoise?

gazerath
    Free Member

Can we all send him a message on ebay at the same time offering him a rod for £80 to stick up his arse?

So funny made me and my girlfriend laugh this morning as we just had dealings with some other anal prat yesterday. Good to see it doesn’t just happen to us.

Hope you made a fair bit on your fishing equipment.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘eBay – I really made this guy mad.’ is closed to new replies.