Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Ebay – Hong Kong sellers – Customs/Import tax?
  • alpin
    Free Member

have some bits in Hong Kong that i want deleivered to the UK. are they likely to get caught up in Customs?

if i order now they should be there just before i leave, assuming they don’t end up in the hands of the taxman.

item is only 17 quid.

experiences?

jimjam
    Free Member

I’ve never had any problems with customs having bought loads of bits and bobs from Hong Kong Ebay sellers. As a slight aside I noticed recently that Ebay.co.uk blocks a huge amount of content from Hong Kong sellers which you can see, watch and buy via ebay.com.

maccruiskeen

they should be there just before i leave

I think with or without customs delays you can’t be all that certain of delivery dates. Sometime stuff arrives surprisingly quickly sometimes it can take weeks,

kerley
    Free Member

have some bits in Hong Kong that i want deleivered to the UK. are they likely to get caught up in Customs?

In my experience around a 10% chance of being charged via customs. The charge is applied to item and post and also a handling charge added so if the item was cheap you are likely to pay as much again for tax and handling.

stevextc
    Free Member

I’ve never been charged when its posted through china post…
    Most stuff is £20 or less anyway …. it’s entirely possible that at some point I will be changed and get a bill of 20p for import duty and £20 admin fee… but frankly I’m quids in overall

Ages ago I got “conned” in that the item was listed as EU and then got posted from Dubai (this wasn’t to the UK but France)…. and as this was an expensive (€700-€1000) item I was actually a bit pissed… as I’d chosen a slightly more expensive one based on being in the EU…

mtbmaff
    Free Member

Ive bought lots of small bits and pieces from Hong Kong and China, no duty paid ever, everything without fail has arrived and all within 8-10 days.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Ebay – Hong Kong sellers – Customs/Import tax?’ is closed to new replies.