Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Ebay hifi time waster – I am quite bit peed off!
  • winston_dog
    Free Member

A couple of weeks ago I posted something about an Ebay buyer messing about and saying a digital output wasn’t working on a Rega Apollo I had sold her.

Anyway, she then said that both digital outputs had stopped working, so she returned the unit and I gave her a full refund.

I’ve just back home from a couple of weeks working away and tested the deck on my DAC. Surprise surprise, it is working perfectly!

Shall I drive to Wales with some Bombers?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Sounds like it’s her inputs or cables.

Can’t you continue conversations and get her to test her equipment? If she agrees her gear is broken get her to refund the costs involved?

Or just sign her up for Amstrad-lovers “Hi-Fi” mailing lists. [is such a things exists]? 😉

winston_dog
    Free Member

It hasn’t actually cost me money, she paid for the return and didn’t ask for the cost to be covered by me, which did make me think she just changed her mind when I wouldn’t pay for a new digital interconnect for her.

parkesie
    Free Member

Leave it be andshow us some pics of the rega cd player 🙂

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Meh, just flog it again then. Or does it sound better than you remember?

chakaping
    Free Member

Try to consider that you’ve got off lightly in dealing with an idiot.

Could have gone worse in many ways.

winston_dog
    Free Member

It sounds very similar to the DAC Magic I replaced it with, when I started digitizing my CD’s.

Although I must admit did enjoy opening the top door and putting a disc in, a lot more satisfying that Media Monkey!

A bit like playing vinyl after using CD’s for years!

dannybgoode

Re-list and move on.

Annoying yes but with ebay you have to expect the odd idiot every so often…

8haveshp
    Free Member

Hello there. Are you putting the player back up for sale? If so, how much would you be asking a what colour is it?

Thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Ebay hifi time waster – I am quite bit peed off!’ is closed to new replies.