• This topic has 15 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by P20.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • eBay headtorch
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

Just bought one of These for £8ish on a whim as going camping again this weekend and current headtorch is a bit under powered. Anyone got one? I’m not expecting much for the money but thought it was worth a punt.

P20

I have no idea, but the alcohol is good so ive clicked on buy it now and will hold you personally responible if there’s a problem.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I think you should blame the drink rather than me 😉

If it’s rubbish I’m thinking of the led lenser h7.

Anyone got either?

jonba
    Free Member

What about the alpkit offering? They’re not exactly bastid powerful but they are cheap/reliable. Good enough for night time walks and finding stuuff in your tent.

Gary_M
    Free Member

What I currently have is probably comparable to the alpkit in terms of brightness. I wanted something a fair bit brighter so I’ll see what this is like. Been dispatched already so service is quick anyway.

trout
    Free Member

If it is owt like the zoomable torch from DX then it should be pretty good .
    might just get one to mod upto 1000lumens 😀

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yeh that’s what I thought trout. If I have 1000 lumens in my tent it’ll probably go up in flames 😉

Mattbike

I’ve got one they’re great for the money. they’re bright and the quality is ok also.

Gary_M
    Free Member

That’s good to hear.

P20

It arrived this morning. Seems spot on for the money, even came with batteries!

Jamie
    Free Member

So how much brighter than the Alpkits are they? And has anyone used them for running?

Mattbike

I’ve not had any experience of the alpkit lghts but they are 88 lumens and the above head torches are 300 lumens.

I go night riding in the winter with a 300 lumen torch so bright enough for that.

simon_g

The bit with the light on (minus the alu cooling bit) and battery compartment looks very similar to the LED Lenser I had. The hinge has a piece of plastic with detents to keep it in different positions which fatigued and broke.

Perhaps not such a big deal if it’s on a headtorch that only costs 8 quid, although with a bigger heavier lump attached to it, it may have an even more limited life.

Jamie
    Free Member

I go night riding in the winter with a 300 lumen torch so bright enough for that.

It’s more how much it moves about, as the Alpkit also has a strap over the top and hinge that adjusts the light in stages, so doesn’t bob around like a lunatic while running.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’ll be picking mine up from the PO in the morning so I’ll report back after a nights camping. Doubt it’s 300 lumen though.

Don’t like the extra strap over the head, looks a bit special needs.

P20

Used mine while camping at the weekend. Excellent headtorch, bulkier than wor lasses Petzl headtorch, but much, much brighter. Well worth the £8

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘eBay headtorch’ is closed to new replies.