Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • eBay DISPUTE over missing delivery of bike any had any experience of this
  • zinger
    Free Member

Ok following on from my previous post about about Hermes saying they have delivered a bike

Which they clearly did not i.e. they are saying they delivered to Reception of a corporate building in the evening after it was closed which was locked up with security cameras showing nothing was delivered

The Seller is not being very helpful – in fact i’m beginning to think i may have been scammed – this is the latest response

“I am afraid it is out of my control as to what happened with the item once it was delivered to you. Frankly from when the item is delivered to your designated address it is indeed your responsibility to ensure the item is not damaged or lost. For avoidance of doubt the following are the tracking number: Parcel2go: ******  Hermes: Content: ******  For eBay attention: please note that I have photographic evidence clearly stating that the item was delivered to the buyers address which which will be provided if so requested.

No signed for tracking on parcel as far as i can tell

I’ve gone back to seller asking why he cant dispute the delivery along with all the reasons, i.e closed building, none showing up on security cameras etc with parcel2go / hermes – not heard back yet

Bought via pay pal and credit card so am i going to be ok for getting my cash back it the bike never turns up – I’ve read else where that ebay sides with sellers if they show proof i.e. just screen shots of a web site saying item was delivered 8-(

Any one had a similar experience – how did you resolve it ?

mashr

TBF, the seller probably thinks you’re trying to scam him by saying it hasn’t turned up.

Have you taken it up with Hermes?

tjagain

He cannot take it up with Hermes – he has no contract with them

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    zinger
    Free Member

they wont communicate with me as i’m not the sender 8-(

mattyfez

The seller would need to take it up with the courier.
    If they are reluctant I’d just go straight down the refund route.

stevie750

Ask to see the photographic evidence. It might help you track it down if you recognise the building

Northwind

” I’ve read else where that ebay sides with sellers if they show proof”

Everyone believes ebay sides with the other guy. IME they’re actually pretty evenhanded as long as you can be bothered to jump through their intentionally annoying hoops. I’m a reasonably high volume seller and buyer and essntially, I lose cases only when I’m actually in the wrong or I screw up the process, I’ve never once lost a case where it wasn’t fundamentally on me.

This is 100% the seller’s problem, ebay rules make it simple- it’s his responsibility to get the item to you not just to post it. His chosen courier which he has the contract with has failed so he has to take that up with him- and only he can.

Since it’s hermes, he’ll get a refund or recovery without much stress, as long as he’s paid for the insurance, which I bet you 10p he hasn’t. That’s also his problem but it does cause you some hassle as he’s more likely to try and shirk it.

zinger
    Free Member

“Ask to see the photographic evidence. It might help you track it down if you recognise the building”

his photographic evidence is pictures of the tracking web site…..

zinger
    Free Member

Hi Northwind

Thanks for info, as you seem to know about this stuff

ebay site is saying this

“If you don’t hear back or can’t sort something out with the seller, you can ask us to step in beginning Jan. 17.”

do you have to wait that long ? , where does paypay protection fit in with all of this ?

Id really like to have the bike as it was one i’ve always wanted to have,” but i have bad feeling about this….”

Northwind

I’m not especially an expert, I’m just bloody minded and patient, I’ll fight an ebay seller over 50p if they annoy me enough. (obviously I’ll do it at work)

You do generally have to wait- I’ve asked for exceptions where someone’s declared that no matter what they won’t help but it has to be really overtly shitty and indefensible to be worth bothering. A lot of disputes just naturally resolve themselves if left alone- things turn up, people realise they’re being a dick, that sort of thing. And actually that could well happen here, it doesn’t feel like a scam, it just feels like someone who doesn’t really understand ebay.

nickjb
    Free Member

It’s not a fast process. You need to give the seller time (even if they do nothing). eBay and.paypal will also expect you to give them time to respond to any emails. Other than wanting the money/bike there isn’t a rush. They won’t close the case without a lot of warning. While it’s a pain there is some merit to waiting. I’ve had missing packages turn up way later than expected. I’ve also posted stuff that the buyer says hasn’t turned up omly to eventually turn up, especially to work addresses. Usually tucked behind someone randoms desk who didn’t feel the need to tell anyone about it.

zinger
    Free Member

thanks for all the replies not feeling so anxious about it now, will ride the process out

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

This sounds remarkably similar to an experience I had about 18 months ago. I’ll dig up some info and a thread I had on here and get back to you.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

Hermes / yodel are notorious for delivering badly, speak to your receptionist, person who takes the mail, they may know the Hermes man, and get some traction that way..

As a buyer and seller things go wrong as others have said be patient ask the seller to contact Hermes to ensure it’s delivered, ask for the proof of delivery.
    I’d guess it’ll likely turn up in a few days or it’ll take a white to go through eBay process. Despite what the minority would have you believe lost parcels especially with tracking is a rare event

cb

Last point is a good one, if your receptionsists receive regular deliveries then they should know the driver. Could cast some light, unless he/she is currently riding your bike!

mattsccm
    Free Member

Very politely talk to PP explain the fact that the delivery was impossible. They are usually OK. They di mess me once wanting me to return an obviously fake item to China(UK looking address) I refused, cost trust etc, and called the credit card company. Instant refund. End of case. Try PP then CC

wysiwyg
    Free Member

If it’s under £750 the seller isn’t required to get a signature. Proof of delivery is enough for eBay to generally side with the seller. Hopefully he took insurance otherwise someone’s gonna be SOL.

andyl
    Free Member

surely if the seller is refusing to sort it from their end and ebay side with them then you can report the seller for theft to the Police as they have taken your money but not provided the goods.

ajantom

you can report the seller for theft to the Police as they have taken your money but not provided the goods

Yes, you could. But I’d pretty much guarantee they’d not be interested, especially as the seller is probably in another area, so another force’s problem.

zinger
    Free Member

“If it’s under £750 the seller isn’t required to get a signature.”

Luckily  or is it unluckily  for me the bike was over £750 and the seller has said he sent it via signed for delivery – but Hermes took no signature according to their site- so if it does not turn up i should get my money back via ebay route

I managed to find a live chat i could use on the Hermes site as a receiver (seller did get back to me and say he had also contacted Hermes and asked me to do the same – He must have realized that a delivery with no signature to a closed building is not going to end up with ebay siding with him)- but I am having to wait 22 hours for them to get back to me as the live chat could not help for missing delivery – my issue was passed onto a different dept.

Id rather have the bike than the money back..

zinger
    Free Member

The Bike Finally turned up today 😎

matt_outandabout

Was there mud on the tyres?

😉

fossy

Yay

Jamze

Where had it been? Sat in someone’s reception for a few days?

coomber
    Free Member

Interested to hear more!

Poopscoop

I bet the thing was stuck in a warehouse somewhere, forgotten?

johnw1984
    Free Member

Hermes are mostly self-employed drivers with their own vehicles. Sometimes they sign for stuff to say it’s been delivered so they get paid. They probably ran out of time/couldn’t be arsed delivering that day due to the route not suiting it.

I’ve had it a couple of times with them, as they never ask for a signature. I think they always mean to get it there in the next day or so, but it doesn’t help the recipient!

stmachreth
    Free Member

Jolly good

wwaswas

The cynic in me thinks:

see it’s a bike going to a big office block, pretend it’s delivered, stash it somewhere for a while and see if anyone raises a fuss (big office block someone will assume it’s lost in the buuilding somewhere), hang on to it if they don’t deliver if they do.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

see it’s a bike going to a big office block, pretend it’s delivered, stash it somewhere for a while and see if anyone raises a fuss (big office block someone will assume it’s lost in the buuilding somewhere), hang on to it if they don’t deliver if they do.

Given the IQ of the average Hermes staff member I have interacted with, this would be akin to NASA scientist levels of intelligence.

Glad it worked out OP. I am currently in a not too dissimilar situation with a few Ebay morons. One claimed the item has managed to Houdini itself out of the box it was supplied in, and through the box I shipped it in, which is proving to be a challenge to deal with eBay and the courier over & another who wanted to return something as it “wasn’t as described” then sent me back a big box of rubbish & blatently kept the item.

Love dealing with people.

zinger
    Free Member

I’m guessing it was either

1) “see it’s a bike going to a big office block, pretend it’s delivered, stash it somewhere for a while and see if anyone raises a fuss (big office block someone will assume it’s lost in the building somewhere), hang on to it if they don’t deliver if they do.”

2) “I bet the thing was stuck in a warehouse somewhere, forgotten?”

There were a few chips in paint on frame not declared on the ebay listing – but after all the hassle actually getting the bike i couldn’t be bothered to raise that with the seller.

I stripped the bike completely down to frame last night and its all ok – now waiting for Sunrace 11-40 9 speed cassette & goat link so i can transfer my old 9 speed XTR group set over onto it, need the bigger cassette as old bike was 26″, and the new one is 27.5 which would make spinning up hills too much effort with a 11-32 cassette.

Jakester
    Free Member

Zinger, good to hear it arrived.

This sounds remarkably similar to an experience I had about 18 months ago. I’ll dig up some info and a thread I had on here and get back to you.

@jonnytheleyther
    , what was the outcome of that?

Poopscoop

Not relayed to the actual issues mate but just being nosy.lol What bike have you got?

zinger
    Free Member

Santacruz Heckler 27.5″ – the last model before they discontinued making them

Its going to be my winter mud plugging bike, while my Bronson CC remains all snug in the dry

I’ll post a pic once i’ve put all my bits on it

zinger
    Free Member

Heckler

Finished my rebuild of the bike and rode it today

Poopscoop

nice.👍

I’m glad to see I’m not the only one that prefers mud guards to having a brown arse!

granny_ring

Hope you enjoy the bike, have you got a link of where to get the goatlink from?
    Ta

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘eBay DISPUTE over missing delivery of bike any had any experience of this’ is closed to new replies.