Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ebay delivery woes
  • mrwhyte
    Free Member

So I have sent a parcel to a storage company to keep until buyer is in the UK. He paid via PayPal with address of said storage company, so I post day after payment.

A day later he emails me to say the company has given him a new address, as they have moved premises. On the parcel I didn’t have a return to sender address.

I don’t think its a scam as we have chatted via ebay about the item (fly fishing rod) and he seems knowledgeable.I think it is a genuine error.

I have told him to contact the firm to sort it as they gave him the wrong address.
    What is likely to happen? It isn’t the sort of money I’d be prepared to write off.

TheGingerOne

Surely they would have set up a postal redirection?

mrwhyte
    Free Member

That is what I am hoping! Storage codes appear to be same, but slightly different address.

mashr

You’ve done everything right, sounds like his problem to fix. Is the parcel showing as delivered? If so, even better

oldtennisshoes

He paid via PayPal with address of said storage company

If you mean that the storage company address is the one registered as his Paypal address then there should be no issue. If you’ve posted it to an address which isn’t his registered PayPal address then I suspect you do.

tails
    Free Member

Yes always check the address they send matches or you are liable. If it does you are hopefully good. Recorded delivery I presume?

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

as long as you have tracked postage to the buyers confirmed paypal address i wouldn’t worry.
    its the buyers problem. although i would tend to help them out, give them the tracking details etc.

I had a claim of a french buyer who claims parcel not received, it was a Ebay international warehouse sale, paypal funds put on hold for 2 weeks, which is a pain, as my postage shows received by ebay intl warehouse, the claim was cancelled by ebay this week and paypal funds cleared

mrwhyte
    Free Member

So an update. Delivery failed, and no onward delivery address for the storage company. So the parcel was sent back to main hub for disposal! This was within a few days of attempted delivery.

I have contacted them asking for the item to be sent back to me (I forgot to add a return address on the parcel). They have said they’ll try and retrieve the item. It seems a very short period of time between attempted delivery and disposal of said item. I am really worried I’ll be out of pocket now on this item as the buyer will obviously raise an issue with eBay. arrgrgghhh.

Are claims against issues such as this with Parcel Force easy to resolve? Could I claim the value of the item back from them?

mashr

Still not seeing why this is your problem? You upheld your part of deal deal and followed the PayPal process – buyer will likely be told to jog on

Also not sure what you can claim off Parcel Force when they’ve done what was asked of them

nealglover
    Free Member

Still not seeing why this is your problem?

Item not delivered.

It’s not the OP’s fault that it’s not delivered obviously, but that doesn’t change “item not delivered” as an outcome.

With a return address on the package, there would be no real issue other than it would be a bit annoying.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Ebay delivery woes’ is closed to new replies.