Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • eBay cheapy brake rotors
  • sharkattack

Is there any reason not to buy something like this? LINK

I’ve always been of the opinion that a rotor is a rotor, but then I’ve only ever bought decent ones from Hope or Shimano or similar.

Now I’m due for a pair of 203’s for my Hope brakes and a pair of Hope rotors comes to 80 quid! Now that I’m a civilian and have to pay RRP I can’t handle it. I can have a pair of eBay discs for 12 quid.

At that price it’s a cheap enough experiment but is anyone using anything similar or can recommend something similar? Solid discs only, no floating nonsense.

nick1962
    Free Member

I’d get these instead https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/clarks-cd-disc-rotor/rp-prod129118 you can always send them back if anything goes awry.I’ve got a stack of used 203s you can have,not Hope 🙂

mattyfez

At per £22 pair with postage they look a bit like standard tektro discs.

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/tektro-wave-disc-rotor/rp-prod34830

They might be the same thing or they might not be, but why buy unbranded unknown quality when you can get tektro or clarks disks for the same money?

I do a agree a disk is a disk to some extent, but with an ebay special you’ve got no guarantee of quality.

loverofminkys

I used to have a pair of those Clark’s rotors on a hard tail set up for bike seat duties and found that when going down a particular hill the discs would heat up and warp alarmingly. Like a good cm or so. I only used them a couple of times before replacing with shimano ones and no problems after that

sharkattack

Good shout, I went for the Clarks ones. Also, I’m SO glad I managed to peel myself off the sofa to go down to the cellar to double check the sizes, because the rear one is 180mm!

…the discs would heat up and warp alarmingly. Like a good cm or so…

I’ll be impressed if they manage to be that bad! I’ll let you know if they are.

mattyfez

I’d go with the standard tektro jobbies then. I’ve no experience with clarks but my tektro disks lasted years and are still in the spares bucket for emergency.

mattyfez

Ah, missed the post above. I’m sure they’ll be OK, but interested to hear how they go.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘eBay cheapy brake rotors’ is closed to new replies.