Ebay buyer cheeky message…

Home Forum Chat Forum Ebay buyer cheeky message…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Ebay buyer cheeky message…
  • Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Has he paid for 24hrs delivery?

That’s absolutely shocking. How quick did you say it would be delivered on your posting?

this

Postage: £3.75 Economy Delivery | See details

Item location:
    London, London, United Kingdom

Posts to:
    United Kingdom
    Delivery:
    Estimated within 4 working days

Jamie

I would message him saying it would have been with him, but you’ve decided he’s an idiot, so will relist.

ninfan

post him an empty envelope recorded delivery 😉

he was more than likely going to try and diddle you anyway

burnsybhoy

This could just be the start.. relist say you can’t meet his deadline. 😕

DrP

I’d immediately make contact with the second highest bidder and tell them it’s theirs.

Then tell the original buyer if he wants a phone yesterday, to speak to ‘marty’s friend, doc’…

DrP

If he wants it quicker he can pay for it, your terms of postage were clearly stated.

it was a buy it now sale

Premier Icon scaredypants
    Subscriber

I wouldn’t trust the fecker – relist

DrP

In reality though, are yo able to post tomorrow?
    48hrs signed for should get there in time, no?

DrP

Aidy

Ask him if he’d like to pay the difference in postage between what you’ve listed and special delivery?

will post out tomorrow 48 hr delivery

just thought it was a pretty cheeky buyer

Premier Icon Bregante
    Subscriber

I would message him saying it would have been with him, but you’ve decided he’s an idiot, so will relist.

This. But leave it until Wednesday night. 🙂

Premier Icon scaredypants
    Subscriber

you’re going to get screwed here IMO

what makes you think he’ll stop being a prick now ?

in all fairness he/she has positive feedback of over 200…

lets see

I’d tell him there’s no way you can deliver on time, re-list & let him find another ‘present’.

it sold for £30 so if they want an ebay war then fine with me so far its them that have been twonks I have faith in Royal Mail !!!!

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

“Happy to send it tomorrow on a pre-10 recorded, it’ll cost you £20.”

Cougar – Moderator
    “Happy to send it tomorrow on a pre-10 recorded, it’ll cost you £20.”

Sold an old HTC phone on ebay today and received this message 5 hours after sale, kin cheek of some people

Hi could you please post this tomorrow so it can reach me before Thursday as I am travelling on the day. If you can’t do it please cancel the bid because it will be of no purpose to me to receive it after the day I wouldn’t want it. I need it to be someone’s present but if I travel without it I will not accept it so please try your best and your effort will be highly appreciated.Check on line I did buy yours after careful consideration.Thanks

My reply

Hi

It will be posted tomorrow using 48 hrs delivery/track-able method I obviously cant be responsible if they don’t deliver on time !

Kind regards

So knowing my luck the parcel will get delayed or eaten by a python…do they have any legal standing with rejecting if not there by thurs ?

carlosg

make sure you take a note of all the serial numbers on the inside of the phone , had a buyer once try it on with me suggesting a phone was dead and didn’t work so told them ok send phone with serial no ****** back and I’ll refund you .Guess what he kept the phone!

carlosg – Member
    make sure you take a note of all the serial numbers on the inside of the phone , had a buyer once try it on with me suggesting a phone was dead and didn’t work so told them ok send phone with serial no ****** back and I’ll refund you .Guess what he kept the phone!

good advice

cheers

plyphon

Refunds Policy: Returns not accepted.

Same as Carlosg said, had the same but with an Xbox. EBay were on the buyers side until I involved serial numbers, then suddenly it worked ok…

Jamie

Refunds Policy: Returns not accepted.

Then you run the risk of eBay refunding them and they keep the phone.

You could post it tomorrow via RoyalMail 1st class recorded for £4.20 or Special delivery (£500 insured,next day guaranteed) for £6…

Premier Icon Matt24k
    Subscriber

The cock buyer obviously has reading difficulties and has started moaning before he has received his 30 quid phone. I’d avoid or say that you cannot guarantee delivery without using a more expensive postage option.
    If the knob coughs up the extra you can post it on Tuesday for Wednesday delivery. However, your somewhat needy buyer needs to come to terms with the fact that the world does not revolve around him and his £30 phone purchase.

globalti

There’s a distinctly Nigerian turn of phrase about that Ebay message. I deal with Nigerians every day so I recognise their language habits.

oldboy

You’re going to get stung here, methinks.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

If the buyer accepts delivery and all goes smoothly I’ll eat my Xperia

ste_t

Nothing says ‘I don’t really like you,’ more than buying someone a £30 second hand phone as a gift

Jamie

I guess at least we know what Thursday/Friday’s thread will be…

“eBay nob has opened a dispute against me….”

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Before sending I think you should open a chat with an eBay rep and ask if this idiot can refuse delivery and/or get a refund.

hora

Taken pics of the internals/serial number etc etc?

Premier Icon brassneck
    Subscriber

I’d have thought the original mail was more or less an acceptance of terms (after careful consideration etc.) – doubt even EBay could find against the seller with that.

Still a cockbag, I’d have not posted to save the hassle.

twoniner

My Mrs had the same. Sold a pc game and the buyer messaged pretty much telling her to post it asap because he wanted to get playing it.

Ebay is full of cocks.

nealglover

There’s a distinctly Nigerian turn of phrase about that Ebay message. I deal with Nigerians every day so I recognise their language habits.

Just what I was thinking reading the op.

I’ve done similar in the past, but simply asked if there was anything they could do to get it to me a bit faster that would be great, and to let me know if it would cost any extra and I would cover it.

make sure the phone is insured for loss and tracked as even if it is signed for they probably will claim they never received it.

Ebay will always side with the buyer especially if they dont sign for it as they are on “holiday”.

Premier Icon muggomagic
    Subscriber

Be careful about posting before the money is actually in your bank account. Paypal reversed a transaction on a moto defy I sold a few years back as the buyer had used a fraudulent credit card to pay for it. Luckily I hadn’t posted it out.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Ebay buyer cheeky message…’ is closed to new replies.