eBay and PayPal

Home Forum Chat Forum eBay and PayPal

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • eBay and PayPal
  • longweight

I think it is as you use the site under their terms?

bluebird

Yes, but they added this condition recently. I have no problem with paying their fees and abiding by reasonable terms and conditions. But it seems to me they are exploiting their position as a place to sell goods by forcing you to use their own ‘bank’.

druidh

you use the site under their terms

bluebird

This might have been done before, but …

Is it legal for Ebay to force sellers to offer PayPal if they have a feedback score of less than 100 (ie at least 100 eBay transactions)?

Recently I’ve had a couple of payments held for no other reason than I don’t meet eBay/PayPal’s, quite frankly, ridiculous criteria as a safe seller, despite having no negative feedback in over five and a half years, and that’s before I go on about sellers being the ones who pay to sell on eBay and pay to receive funds via PayPal.

richpips

Anything that makes it more difficult for sellers to do a runner with ones cash is a good thing imo.

I got scammed some years ago for £30 ish quid. A seller opened an account and sold 60 thing for a similar price, then disappeared.

You might be honest, but there are plenty out there who aren’t.

and that’s before I go on about sellers being the ones who pay to sell on eBay and pay to receive funds via PayPal

Ebay is a business, they do it to make money.

richcc

I reported this to Office of Fair Trading. Didn’t even get an acknowledgement. I personally think that it’s a bit naughty

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘eBay and PayPal’ is closed to new replies.