Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • eBay again. Reneging, when an item underperforms in an auction listing…
  • Chest_Rockwell
    Free Member

Seems a lot more prevalent, nowadays.  Doesn’t seem to be a lot you can do about it, other than leave some snotty feedback.

Strange, how eBay will punish a non-paying bidder but a buyer is out of luck ,if a seller decides to welsh.

I’ve had sellers pretend to post items, (after, first, trying to cancel the transaction) in this situation, then claim they were lost in the post.  (Along with their proof of postage, obviously)

It’s easy enough to set a reserve or use a BIN listing, if you are that bothered.

Gets right on my wick, this sort of B$…

jonnyboi

I’ve just bought a decent saddle for 99p, Half expecting it to never arrive TBH

joshvegas
    Free Member

Was it bike stuff?

Don’t forget ebay is the land of valuing bikes by toting up the full retail value of all components 10years previously.

tails
    Free Member

I think you can only put a reserve at £50, which counts out a lot of items, unless you start your auction higher.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s almost as if the entire eBay pricing model forces situations like this.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

^^^^ exactly.

kerley
    Free Member

Strange, how eBay will punish a non-paying bidder

Hardly punish, a strike of which they can get 3.

docgeoffyjones

It’s annoying but you always get your money back so it’s not really worth getting to worked up about.

thecaptain
    Free Member

Yeah, my motto is just shrug and try again. Not that I’ve had many problems over the years.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘eBay again. Reneging, when an item underperforms in an auction listing…’ is closed to new replies.