Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Ebay – again…
  • Rockhopper
    Free Member

I haven’t sold anything on eBay in years but i have an item that now really need to be sold in an auction. So it now seems that eBay require you to enter your bank account details as they will no longer pay seller via their PayPal account.
    I’m with First Direct which is not one of the banks that their system works automatically with which means I have to enter all my account information manually.
    The problem is that they say the account name needs to match exactly – its pre filled in and says Pxxxx. Its not editable. My actual account name starts Mr P and the number of X’s they show doesn’t correspond to the length of real my account name.
    I cannot find any way to change this. I assume the x’s are redacted info for some reason?
    Help!

Daffy

Call them. They’re usually very helpful.

kerley
    Free Member

I bank with an digital bank (but also have my old ‘traditional’ account). I have tried a few times to move it to new account but failed as entering numbers manually then triggers some nominal payments that then have to be entered to verify but it just doesn’t work.
    Setting up payments on things I buy worked fine but my payments in are still going to my old account as gave up trying.

bensales
    Free Member

First Direct is actually HSBC under the hood. I’m with Halifax who EBay also didn’t recognise for some reason, but putting it through as Lloyds Banking Group worked. So maybe try selecting HSBC but providing your First Direct details.

oldtennisshoes

You could open a Monzo / Starling / Revolut account. Takes minutes.

jonnyboi

You think it’s hard now, wait until you try and get them to actually pay the funds into your account

kerley
    Free Member

My funds get paid into my account within 24 hours of getting payment. I usually have the funds before I have even sent the item out.

kerley
    Free Member

You could open a Monzo / Starling / Revolut account. Takes minutes.

Why do you think it will recognise those accounts?

oldtennisshoes

Why do you think it will recognise those accounts?

Because I have a Monzo account that I use with eBay and I could have used my Starling account. Admittedly I’m not 100% sure about Revolut.

kerley
    Free Member

Because I have a Monzo account that I use with eBay and I could have used my Starling account.

Thanks, good to know. Will give it another go with my account as trying to get rid of my old one and this is one of the last things left that depends on it.

Daffy

If it’s a new account or you haven’t sold for a while or you change your bank account details, eBay will often hold funds for 30 days until you’ve cleared some feedback/time threshold.

woodlikesbikes

Adding to Duffy’s post: this seems to be combat those people who open an account selling junk until their reviews get so bad people stop buying and then just open a new seller account.

andrewh
    Free Member

Just ask a mate to sell it on their account. Probably better feedback too if you haven’t used yours much

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I use my account regularly to buy, I’ve got over 700 positive feedback. EBay still lets you use PayPal to buy.
    No chums with an account sadly.

squirrelking
    Free Member

First Direct here, never had an issue moving to the new system.

kerley
    Free Member

Just given it another go. As my bank is not listed I have to enter manually and now have to wait 3-5 days to get two nominal payments into my account and then enter them into eBay.

3-5 days to send a few pence between banks and last time I tried it failed.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.