Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Ebay account suspended…
  • donsimon
    Free Member

…because they don’t know how to take money from my Paypal account or explain why not.
    How Not to Run a Business, lesson 324.
    Numpties.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Its a scam email!

donsimon
    Free Member

It’s from the accounts page and official emails.
    It’s not a scam, it’s numptyness of the highest order.

binners

Yip… thats going to direct you to somewhere where they ‘verify’ your Paypal log on details. Except replace the word ‘verify’ with the word ‘steal’ and you’ve got what will actually happen

d45yth
    Free Member

+1, do you know what phishing is?

donsimon
    Free Member

You calling me stupid?

khani
    Free Member

Ring em up and make sure, this is the cs number
    0800 358 6551

smudge
    Free Member

Just to be sure Don, Go into Ebay through the official website link that you normally use and not through an email linky.

I get these emails too and they do look official, but I allways bin and go in direct and see if I have any emails from them in there.

Not saying, yours isnt official, but just take care

batfink
    Free Member

I had a scam email that sounds like this a couple of days ago…… hover above the link and it was well dodgy

donsimon
    Free Member

Just to be sure Don, Go into Ebay through the official website link that you normally use and not through an email linky.

This is why I know it’s not phising. The messages are in the messages held in the Ebay account as well as my email. If they have access to my Ebay account, they have direct access to my Paypal accountand don’t need to phish.
    I am not clicking links in the email.
    😀

MSP

I had my account suspended by ebay because they fecked up taking the money from paypal, even though they are the same company 🙄
    I never bothered sorting it out, I’d had enough of their crapyness by then anyway.
    (and yes I never follow links from emails, always go direct to sites)

bencooper
    Free Member

It’s a necessary evil with eBay – I had that for a couple of years, couldn’t be bothered sorting it, then finally phoned them up and asked why it was locked and they said they had no idea wither so unlocked it.

They sometimes do it after several large transactions – I had Paypal (not eBay) lock for a week or so after about £4000 of sales while they checked business details and the like.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Ebay account suspended…’ is closed to new replies.