Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Eaves filler foam
  • coffeeking
    Free Member

My garage is drafty, it has concrete roof panels with a fairly common 5″ corrugated profile. Unfortunately there don’t seem to be any eaves filler foam strips for it, does anyone know of any that I’ve not found or will I end up having to mask off and use expandy foam?

sobriety
    Free Member

Compton Garages

My parents have a garage from that lot and it comes with foam inserts for the gaps, if you contact your local supplier they may sell you some?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Cheers, I’ll poke a phone call at them and see what they have! I can find 3″ and 1.5″ fillers everywhere but 5 seems to be a bit unusual.

carlos
    Free Member

Can’t you just stuff it with bog standard loft insulation??

I’ve used M C S Roofing & Cladding before, they’re based in Leek if thats any good

coffeeking
    Free Member

Loft insulation would blow right out, it needs to be bonded in place. I’m hoping to reduce the damp problem the garage (and my bikes) suffer from lol. Leek is a bit of a way from me, I’ll check out if they’re online.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Like this:

wrightyson
    Free Member

Surely sealing up a pretty good method of air circulation is only going to increase the damp issue??

coffeeking
    Free Member

That’s the way the damp gets in, it’s fairly well sealed elsewhere. Open to suggestions though.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Eaves filler foam’ is closed to new replies.