Eau de Kryton…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Eau de Kryton…
  • Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

I’m out of Chanel pour home sport, so what warm classy and attractive scent for a 40 something upper working class Salesman with a sporting streak?

Still got an almost full bottle of Brute from last Christmas, so I’m aiming higher, imagine CFH’s understudy and you’d be in the ball park… 😉

Sex Panther.

More seriously, however, get something that works on your skin, not just something that’s in a pretty bottle. FWIW, my current collection includes; a nearly finished Allure Homme Sport, Bleu de Chanel, Eau Sauvage, Jo Malone Lime Basil and Mandarin, and another JM, Oak and Hazlenut.

Jamie
    Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

Africa, hints of roaming in the wilds before retiring to camp for a G&T and tall tales

Premier Icon scaredypants
    Subscriber

Denim’s the step-up from Brut isn’t it ?

(I smell gorgeous in Chanel #19)

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

I meant a step up from the Chanel!  Sure, i get the skin thinh but i want something a little exclusive, yet manly, not overbearing yet not invisible to try.  🙂

globalti

Try the vetiverts. fresh, bright and invigorating.

Premier Icon funkmasterp
    Subscriber

Old Spice or Hai Karate

Gunz

Clinique, Happy for me, fresh and citrusy.

Kryters, get to a Jo Malone and try some stuff out.

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

Thanks CFH. There’s one in my local Westfield, and I have Tuesday off work…

Eau de Finish Line for the win!

hodgynd

Clinique Happy..as described above…and also because I’m a grumpy **** and need all the help I can get ..plus the missus loves it and that’s who I’m wearing it for ..

Blue stratos, it’ll go with your shades

dirtyrider

got or had these in the last year

Comme des Garçons 2

Atkinsons Oud Save The King, His Majesty The Oud, 24 Old Bond Street Triple Extract, Big Bad Cedar, Pirates Grand Reserve

Tome Ford Private Blend –  Tobacco Vanille

Acqua Di Parma Colonia Leather and Mandorio Di Sicilia

only bad one ive had recently was some Creed, cannot remember its name, only used it a few times, meant to have Orange Citrus top notes, but it smells like a bad 80s scent to me

infidel

I like Creed Aventus. My wife says it smells like ‘rich old man’.

Others I currently have –

YSL M7, the original version. Hard to find and quite different from modern acqua scents.

Tom Ford Costa Azurra – more modern and acqua-ish. I also like his Oud Wood, sort of deeply manly man musky.

Sex Panther.

You rang?

I’m all about the Chanel.

Anteus is my favourite but all of their men’s range are good

Premier Icon Sandwich
    Subscriber

So disappointing, GT85 FTW. It used to be field here once. . .

Premier Icon slowoldman
    Subscriber

Pheromones.

drlex

^ with that in mind – not for country walks.

Premier Icon dangeourbrain
    Subscriber

…like men to smell like nature intended. Sweat, Guinness and pickled onions – the thin blue line.

Ok no one wants you to smell sweaty but the other two are I the right direction.

I said Sex, not sexy, PP….

"...like men to smell like nature intended.  Sweat, Guiness and pickled
     onions."  -The Thin Blue Line

I was in the crew on that show. A lot of fun!

Subscriber

I was in the crew on that show. A lot of fun!

Strangely I always imagined you as the flapping constable

Premier Icon frankconway
    Subscriber

Bleu de Chanel, Dolce et Gabbana The One, Clinique Happy, anything by Jo Malone.

I go for a mixture of raw garlic (fingertips, breath and skin swrat), light perspiration, whisky and a mix of lithium grease and wd40.

Gets the fillies racing!

Premier Icon bikebouy
    Subscriber

I’m out of Chanel pour home sport,

Dear God, really?

Who buys that?

You obviously.

You are in Sales so anything cheap and putrid from the Sale cabinet will work.. like Joop! Or some other 80’s foul smelling flowery vomit.

HTHs

🤪🤦‍♀️

jekkyl
    Premier Icon senor j
    Subscriber

Some of the Comme des Garcons’ fragrances are lovely imo.

pandhandj

Slightly off topic but you all seem worldly wise…my wife is always on at me to wear aftershave to work, office job – I don’t agree, I’m not trying to get a lumber! Is it ok for a gentleman to smell nice at work?

globalti

Yes as long as it’s not too strong; a subtle whiff of something woody and ambery is pleasant but not doused in a stinker like JPG.

Premier Icon bikebouy
    Subscriber

Kryton drives a bimmer, so why not use a splash it all over scent of the vehiqule?

Premier Icon senor j
    Subscriber

the most liberally perfumed man I had ever encountered.

Kryton in a lift earlier.

Subscriber

Is it ok for a gentleman to smell nice at work?

Personally I’d say the aim is not to smell, at all, except possibly, maybe, of your clean cotton shirt. One person’s nice is another’s dear gawds, and anything, when overpowering is horrid.

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

An appropriate odour is another way to communicate charm and allure.  In my job, it helps to find any way possible to have middle aged Director types finding themselves drawn fondly to me for reasons they can’t fathom.

Yes as long as it’s not too strong; a subtle whiff of something woody and ambery is pleasant but not doused in a stinker like JPG.

This.   I find it much better to have people thinking “ooh whats that pleasant…”  rather than “**** me, someone had a bath in Lynx Africa this morning…”

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Personally I’d say the aim is not to smell, at all, except possibly, maybe, of your clean cotton shirt. One person’s nice is another’s dear gawds

Spot on. Any and all perfumes give me a headache. If you’re clean, I don’t understand the benefit of them. If you’re not, then the smell will just mix with your odour. Grim.

Nico

Personally I’d say the aim is not to smell, at all

The aim is not to work at all.

fasthaggis

An appropriate odour is another way to communicate charm and allure. In my job, it helps to find any way possible to have middle aged Director types finding themselves drawn fondly to me for reasons they can’t fathom.

Sounds good.

Sales team top three scents :-

Eau de Desperation

Hint of Dispair

Old Ginsters

😉

Premier Icon bikebouy
    Subscriber

An appropriate odour is another way to communicate charm and allure.

Proper salesmans talk right there eh 🤪

Charm comes from within, allure is an impression.

Fragrance, as we all know, is a cover up or mask if you will. Designed by the French to cover (or mask) the smell of wee stained tights and flouncy undergarments because they didn’t know how to use toilets that were designed by some crazy Italians 1500 years earlier.

Clean, wash, wash regularly stand tall.

Its all that is required in the world.

Or..

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

Well, this had become after thought until i found myself with time on my hands at Brum New St.

A bit of testing and the help of two middle aged lady customers 😉 to confirm my brief and i find myself with a bag containing JM Oud Bergamont.

Its a bit mysterious, just like me 😀

globalti

Keep it in the fridge to slow down the oxidation.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.