Eating out recommendations – Kielder area

Home Forum Chat Forum Eating out recommendations – Kielder area

• This topic has 10 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 6 days ago by  Drac.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Eating out recommendations – Kielder area
  • gobuchul

Going to an event at the Kielder Observatory.

We would like to go for meal, before it starts.

Probably just some decent pub grub type stuff, fake pies, fish and chips, that sort of stuff.

I don’t know the area well at all.

Any recommendations?

ton

pheasant at falstone is good pub food.

other end of lake tho.

fooman

The restaurant at Leaplish is ok, pretty close to the Observatory too, might have to pay to park though.

Premier Icon slowoldman
    Subscriber

Yep, Pheasant is quite nice. Wrap up warm for the observatory. I assume the midges have given up by now.

If you’re driving up from the A69, Battlesteads in Wark is supposed to be good, but I’ve not been since it’s been done up.

Premier Icon hot_fiat
    Subscriber

Travelling from where and what time is your event?

Boat Inn at Leaplish is good; Castle cafe is random, probably best avoided, opening times are bizarre; Angler’s Arms in Kielder Village is ok. Further afield the Rat at Anick is stupendously good (rib of beef is to die for).

hodgynd

I will also throw in the Cheviot Hotel in Bellingham if you are heading up from the south ..

From what has been mentioned so far ..your best bet would be the Pheasant at Stannersburn ..

ElShalimo

We went to the Anglers last year. The food was awful, the beer was okay though. The staff were lovely but the food was truly crap.

I hope it’s changed since then

jonnyboi

pheasant +1

although they don’t do chips, which is just wrong

hodgynd

jonnyboi…never say never regarding the chips issue..the Pheasant is currently up for sale ..who knows what the future holds !

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.