• This topic has 16 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by Drac.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Eating out – I’ve missed it
  • Premier Icon lunge

Just had brunch and an espresso.
    I was sat inside and served by some wonderful people who were absolutely overjoyed to be back at work.
    And it was bloody lovely.
    I’ve really missed eating out. Might stay out for lunch too.

Premier Icon yourguitarhero

My girlfriend was saying the same thing

Premier Icon fasthaggis

We upped our cooking game over the last year, so the first restaurant visit was a bit meh.
    I know it’s the whole experience thing of being out, but after all this time it kinda spoiled things a wee bit.

Premier Icon benpinnick

Went to Scotland a couple of weeks ago so got to test out this eating out thing I’ve heard about… ’twas ok. Social distancing, face masks, half empty / spaced restaurants … It’s still far from back to normal. The kids like it though and nowadays that’s the prime concern when eating out.

Premier Icon hungrymonkey
    Free Member

I’ve a mini-break with the missus in london over the BH weekend, as neither of us have had a holiday for 8-10 months we’re booked in to fancy restaurants every evening. I can cook ok, but there’s something different about being cooked for. I can’t wait…

If it weren’t sunny (at the moment), I’d be eating ‘in’ somewhere for lunch today, but seems a shame to sit inside when i could be outside in the sun.

Premier Icon TheBrick
    Free Member

My girlfriend was saying the same thing

Came her to say the same thing but beaten to it! </JokeRunnerUp>

Premier Icon scruff9252
    Free Member

We went out at the weekend, never booked anywhere as seen so many posts / news articles about volume of no shows. Went to first place treated with contempt at the audacity of hoping to get into a pub for a meal without booking. Went to second place and ate some overpriced soggy pizza which were worse than we make at home…

It’s great folk are are back at work an all, but meh. Overall a disappointing experience.

Premier Icon mahalo

Just had brunch and an espresso.

im not fluent ponce but i think he went for a butty and a brew…

Premier Icon chrispoffer
    Free Member

Yup, I’m very much looking forward going to our favourite Italian’s on Thurs night for my birthday. We tried takeaway a couple of times from them over lockdown but it’s not the same when you’re not actually there.

Premier Icon lunge

Meal number 2, I’ve stayed out and walked to my favourite Italian restaurant. Bruschetta, homemade pasta with octopus and a large glass of red. And I’d be lying if I said it will be the only glass. I’m having a lovely time.

And to those saying they’ve had bad meals, may I politely suggest you need to chose better venues?

Premier Icon footflaps

We went out for the first time in months at the WE for Pizza and Beer. Was quite weird being around so many other people. Was a bit disconcerting at first.

Premier Icon freeagent
    Free Member

We upped our cooking game over the last year

+1
    I’m not really in much of a hurry to get back to restaurants..

Premier Icon longdog
    Free Member

Going for a curry on Wednesday night with 2 work colleagues/friends, can’t wait.

Premier Icon weeksy

I’m still not even considering it in all honesty… Not because of the Covid side of things, but simply i don’t want to sit indoors, i’d rather be out eating instead.

Premier Icon jimmy

Mine has dropped rapidly out of monotony

Premier Icon lunge

So did I.
    But eating at a restaurant is much more than just the food. It’s about the service, the atmosphere, even the people watching.
    I’d forgotten how much I’d missed all of those things.

Premier Icon Drac

I’m not a bad cook will try my hand at most things, sometimes how ever I want to have a few hours out. I want food in restaurant, I want to order, it arrive at my table soon after and enjoy it without cooking. I also want to support business, I was lucky to hold a job through the last year, the public and business were kind to us so I’m holding my promise of giving them trade. Booked in for this weekend for food at a pub, already been in beer gardens and restaurant outside for food since the last step. It was nice to be out in a social atmosphere again, hearing different conversations and watching people enjoy themselves.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.