Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Eating in central birmingham
  • poolman
    Free Member

Anyone know any decent eateries that are not the usual chains, veggie preferred if poss but I eat anything. Something a bit different, decent coffee, nice cake, or a decent curry house. Central areas best but we could travel if worth it. Thanks in advance

flap_jack
    Free Member

Did Manic Organic ever open their promised permanent venue?

pondo

Ashas for curry, I understand.

prawny

Yorks do top indie hipster food.

There’s loads about these days, probably best to google it, I work in Bryn but don’t get to go to these places as I’m always skint. There’s a nice Eastern European baguette shop that’ll do you a decent baguette for 99p, that’s the pond I fish in

prawny

Just spotted the coffee request, definitely recommend yorks in that case, best flat whites I’ve ever had. By a mile.

spud-face

There was a thread on here a year or so ago that dealt with the veggie option, I’ll have a rummage around the search function. In the meantime the Warehouse Cafe is your answer.

lunge

I prefer the coffee at Urban on Church Street but Yorks is good too.
    For food, the Warehouse cafe if near to Moor Street station and does awesome vege food.
    Or try Bistro 1847, another vege place.

poolman
    Free Member

Thanks, bistro 1847 it is as we are meeting on a Sunday and the warehouse cafe is closed sunday Monday. Yorks looks good. Much appreciated

nickdavies

There’s a Syrian / Lebanese place in the jewellery quarter, heavily vegetarian / vegan if you’re fully v.
    Not far from town – 15min walk or an uber. Excellent food.

pondo

Ah, Syriana? Seconded, love that place – pretty cheap, BYO and the food is fantastic.

rOcKeTdOg

+1 for yorks bakery café, their home made beans on toast is awesome

poolman
    Free Member

Thanks again, syriana looks interesting and v veggie, thanks guys nailed it again. Somewhere interesting and unusual from local experts.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Mr Egg FTW

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Eating in central birmingham’ is closed to new replies.