Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Easyjet and passenger name errors – can you get away with it?
  • convert

I’m such a dick.

Late night booking of a flight – last 2 seats available on a plane in a few months time. UK internal flight. Somehow I allowed google autofill to fill in my passenger details and didn’t correct it. So I’m booked in under the shorted version of my name. You can correct a spelling error of a maximum of 3 characters free of charge. Thereafter it’s £49. I need more than 3 extra characters to match my photo id name. That’s more than a seat on the flight cost. I could book again for less but some dick just booked the last 2 seats. I could cancel to release the seat and rebook but that would cost…..£49.

You reckon I’ll blag it or are Easyjet money grabbing pedants?

They are pedants aren’t they….

I’m such a dick. I’m going to be paying you-are-a-dick-tax aren’t I.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’d give them a call and see how it goes – like a lot of companies it’ll depend on who picks up the call at the other end, do it online and it’ll be exactly as policy.

(within 24hrs often gets you a lot more leeway)

airvent
    Free Member

Ring them, lay on the excessive politeness and try and get it changed for free? It’s worth a try. It’s a Monday morning (just) so bet their phone lines are reasonably quiet.

tuboflard

I’m generally ok booking under Tim when my passport name is Timothy but a Rik instead of Richard might be pushing it…

Edit. As others have said give them a call ASAP and tell them it’s a genuine error.

nickc

I did the very same thing, and flying out no one batted an eyelid. It was the check in clerk at Geneva that gave me a Paddington bear hard stare, and corrected the boarding pass with her biro.

wasnt the end of the world

intheborders
    Free Member

Take the risk, what’s the worse that could happen…

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Take the risk, what’s the worse that could happen…

UK internal flight.

Op has to spend a eternity in Luton?

convert

Happy days. Rang and grovelled. I’d already added 3 of the missing 5 characters for free online. Lady in the called centre missed that (the online tool was not so unobservant and does not allow you to have a 2nd go) and said as it was only 2 characters she could do it for free and did I know I could have done it online? Claimed ignorance, thanked profusely and wished her a lovely day.

[man logic]So….that means I’ve got £49 to spend of bike fluff doesn’t it?[/man logic]

edit

Op has to spend a eternity in Luton?

shudder….

lunge

Call them, and call then quickly.
    I had something similar and they were helpful, but did say that doing early gets more sympathy.

boombang
    Free Member

Great luck there OP, I had opposite experience here autofilling with short version of my name. Ended up booking a new flight as it was cheaper than the change.

onehundredthidiot

Lucky you. I do the admin for the boys biannual Alps trip. 4 this time me, Mike, Ben and ed. So Michael, Benjamin and Edward. Except Ed’s name is Walter.
    Bollox.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.