Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Easy riding around Bristol?
  • Alex

Hoping to pick up a new (to her) bike for my 12 year old daughter from M5 services at Bristol on Saturday. Plan was to give it a try at Ashton Court/Leigh woods but there is a bit festival there on so it’s going to be a nightmare to park somewhere close. Anywhere else ‘woody’ that a) easy to find and b) rideable for a 12 year old who is happy on FoD blue but CwmCarn would be too much at the moment.

Ta.

BristolPablo
    Free Member

Which services? if its Michael Wood (north of Bristol), there are some good easy riding around North Nibley.

http://singletrackworld.com/trailguide/files/2008/12/cotswolds-easy-route.pdf

There might even be some cheeky trails in Michael Wood itself but I’ve never been there.

nickjb
    Free Member

If it’s EiG services then you can park up in Pill/Ham Green and ride traffic free along the riverside to Leigh Woods or park around Lower Failand and ride into 50 acre woods. Shouldn’t be too busy despite the festival. Mendips are nice too and not too far.

Moses

If you park in the Leigh Woods car park, it’s far enough from Brisfest to be OK – I reckon. If it’s not, head back half a mile towards the M5, turn L (S) towards Abbots Pool. You can gride there or back towards 50 acre & Ashton Ct.

Alex

Thanks all, I think we’re suggest gordano services. But sounds like Leigh woods is still a possibility

wordnumb
    Free Member

Yeah Brisfest is best avoided.

It may be easiest to park in Pill (nearest village to those services) and cycle along the tow path beside the river. Map. Nice flat 4km of Sustrans route with the option to climb up into Leigh Woods or mooch toward Bristol.

Edit – heh, like Nick already said.

Alex

Great stuff We’ll do that. Thanks.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Leigh woods

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Easy riding around Bristol?’ is closed to new replies.