Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Easy rider alley runner or isla bikes rothan
  • nunuboogie
    Free Member

Christmas is approaching fast which bike for the little one?
    Both weigh roughly the same only difference really that I can see is the Isla bike has a brake.

molgrips
    Free Member

If you want to save some dosh I can do you a Spesh Hotwalk for a good price.. used obv.

nunuboogie
    Free Member

@molgrips send me some pics and details of price 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

£40 sound ok?

Will send pictures. It’s in good nick as you would expect except for a few scratches where stabilisers have been fitted. Yes, I know, stabilisers, but that’s my daughter for you 🙄

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Flashlings both began with Hotwalk. Very good. Eldest now on an Early Rider Belter with is simply superb. Good company, too.

Opinions are divided re a brake. I’m on the no brake side of the argument. One less thing to think about, and builds speed awareness and control quicker, in my opinion.

Molly, stabilisers on a balance bike? Crikey.

molgrips
    Free Member

Same kid is now a pretty good cyclist as it happens – didn’t take to the balance bike at all but took the stabilisers on a pedal bike route.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Whatever gets you there, I suppose!

Either way, Hotwalks are ace. As are Early Riders. 🙂

Buzzlightyear
    Free Member

My son just turned 2, I spent ages looking at which balance bike to get him. I went for the frog tadpole in the end, but to be honest any of the of the good ones will do just fine. As soon as he was zipping along the whole decision process I went through seems a bit pointless.

I was going to go for the Isla but the price put me off, at no point do I now wish I got it, I don’t think spending that extra £50 would have put a bigger smile on his face.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I don’t think spending that extra £50 would have put a bigger smile on his face.

That extra £50 isn’t for him. It’s for you.

Buzzlightyear
    Free Member

Yeah know what your saying but that’s not the way I approached buying it.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You took the correct approach! 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

I can ride the hotwalk, it feels sturdy as anything. Appears to be made the same way as their grown up bikes. And my two year old daughter really appreciated that it was the same colour scheme as the grown up bikes. Just like Daddy’s. Well, it would be if Daddy owned a Specialized.

nunuboogie
    Free Member

What colour is it @molgrips not that it matters, boys dig pink these days 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s the red and white gender neutral one of course!

thepodge
    Free Member

Much as I like the easy rider stuff we went for a second hand decathlon one. Does the job perfectly well for a tenner. I’ll spend more when it makes sense to.

nunuboogie
    Free Member

Hi @molgrips £40 sounds great my email is nunuboogieatgmaildotcom
    Thanks

rOcKeTdOg

Frog bikes

Burchy1
    Free Member

Opinions are divided re a brake. I’m on the no brake side of the argument. One less thing to think about, and builds speed awareness and control quicker, in my opinion.

Won’t disagree with that, all kids are different and steering for some is plenty to think about! At least if you buy a balance bike with one you can remove it, if it’s an added hazard. You can’t add one on if there are no bosses.

aracer
    Free Member

I’ll agree with all kids being different, but just to add that we got our Rothan without a brake (years ago when that was an option), but then bought one to install, and very glad we did. I don’t think it’s been said yet, but apart from that there are enough hills on our local routes that having a brake is useful, when it comes time to move on to a pedal bike it’s one more new thing they’re not having to learn. Probably not a bad way to go to let them learn initially without one and then get a brake later (though our youngest always had a brake and coped fine – he just didn’t use it to start with).

timmys

My boy is 3 and currently swaps between using his Rothan balance bike and his Cnoc 14 pedal bike. He uses the brakes on both so I don’t think having the brake on the Rothan is a bad idea. Also, kidz luv skidz.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Easy rider alley runner or isla bikes rothan’ is closed to new replies.