Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Easton Havoc carbon DH bars – any good?
  • wl
    Free Member

Anyone running these bars and have any comments? They’re very pricey, but I’m tempted. Need something strong, light and a good shape, and these seem to fit the bill, so long as they can take the knocks ok if (when) I crash. Ta.

jes
    Free Member

Good for me.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I really like both of mine. At least as much as I liked the cnt monkeylite mx bars I had before.

wl
    Free Member

Cheers. Have they survived any crashes ok? I’ll be running them for Alps holidays and technical UK riding etc and I’ll definitely be coming off the bike from time to time, although probably not at crazy speeds as I don’t ride a DH bike. Ta.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’m sure I’ve parted company with the bike a couple of times and not given it a thought.

br
    Free Member

Save some weight and get the Havens instead.

andyl
    Free Member

the havens are 711mm. Havocs 750mm.

I swapped my Havens for Havocs and have no regrets.

But for the alps I would be tempted to fit some wide, cheap bars that you can regard as ‘disposable’.

But saying that the Havocs are pretty much tougher than any other bar out there.

Northwind

They’re the successor to the Monkeylite DHs and mine were tough as old boots- encountered many an unplanned landing, but also shrugged off having the bike fall off the gondola at fort william and land on the bars.

(just bent the Protapers that replaced them, in a wee nothing crash the likes of which the Monkeys didn’t even seem to notice.)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Easton Havoc carbon DH bars – any good?’ is closed to new replies.