easter weekend and how was yours?

Home Forum Bike Forum easter weekend and how was yours?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • easter weekend and how was yours?
  • freeridenick

2 rides on the Surrey Hills. trails running perfectly…ticked off a couple of bigger jumps I had on the list for ages…happy days πŸ™‚

jedi
    Premier Icon Coyote
    Subscriber

Took my lad and his mates to Rushcliffe 4X / BMX track on Friday and Saturday. Many smiles smiled by all. Just wish there was somewhere more like that near me.

banks

part of it away with basque mtb, then down at the jumps back at home – dry & dusty :mrgreen:

Premier Icon michaelbowden
    Subscriber

Took my lad for his first trip to Afan, great day doing W2 in the Sunshine! πŸ™‚

daver89

Was awesome! 3 days at the Brecon Beacons.

Little chilly the higher we got, bit of snow to avoid here and there but cant complain, didnt rain once!

Only bad point was starting off on a little road section only to have a driver overtake and clip my bars with his wing. He stopped a little further up the road to get out and bend his wing back and not even an apology! All i got after saying ‘That was a little *Censored* close wasnt it?!’ was; ‘ I pay my road tax so you should get out my *Censored* way!’….. I litterally didnt have the words to reply to such a nonsensical statement.

Glad you had a good one anyway!

Premier Icon kayak23
    Subscriber

2 nights camping at Afan. Rode the wall and bike park, then linked over to whites level and back and watched some of the British 4x action. Brilliant weather, cold camping but a great weekend.

Friday- Good 25 mile local loop
    Saturday- Good 30 mile local loop
    Sunday- FoD ride, doing the Blue, the last descent twice and lots of trail bike DH runs.
    Saturday- More trail bike DH runs at Ribbesford and a short XC loop.

Lots of smiles and riding. πŸ™‚

IHN

Friday – nice long rambly MTB ride with the little lady

Saturday – pottered about with multiple jobs on multiple bikes, including stripping, cleaning, greasing, reassembling and fitting my new dropper post (some fella told me they’re a good idea…). Then nice country lane roady ride for a couple of hours, followed by birthday meal out and beers

Sunday – my birthday πŸ™‚ Lie-in, breakfast in bed, pressies, lunch at my mums, niece OD-ing on sugar, awesome MTB cake made by the other half πŸ™‚

Monday – not a lot, as it was effing freezing.

solarpowered

That sounds wonderful Jedi!
    I’m grateful for this thread as it gives me a chance to say a HUGE thank you for what you have taught me …. I put a lot of it into practice this weekend and it has made my riding feel soooo much better πŸ˜€
    I just hope I can make the next lesson …. Would love to see the kites again too!
    Thank you once again, and ‘HAPPY EASTER!’

Premier Icon frogstomp
    Subscriber

Long weekend at CyB – great weather, great views, great riding! :mrgreen:

Premier Icon votchy
    Subscriber

Friday – work
    Saturday – chilled day with family
    Sunday – carb loading with thorntons and cadburys cream eggs
    Monday – Forest of Dean mtb with a couple of mates – ace.

jedi

i spent 3 nights camping at herts. sub zero temps but a massive fire kept us warm. loads of smiles and riding too πŸ™‚

how was yours?

DSC_000001 (10) by ukbikeskills, on Flickr

Rob Hilton

I 2nd solarpowered’s experience:

Haven’t ridden the MBR for years cos I used to hate it as I got knocked about all over the place on the descents by the rockiness (until I went for a burly bike with lots of travel), but it was such a buzz on Sunday I went and did it again on Monday :mrgreen:

I’ve never ridden with so much control & accuracy before and the rocks didn’t matter (now on short travel, less burly bike) cos I was in the air so much of the time. It was **** intense! :mrgreen: I haven’t had a buzz like that from short descents for a long time.

It was one of those times (there have been many) where I’ve realized the major change in my ability that Tony has helped me achieve.

how was yours?

It was **** fantastic coach! Thanks for asking :mrgreen:

Trimix

Friday – Woburn, dry/loamy πŸ™‚
    Saturday – Diving, cold but 13m vis πŸ™‚
    Sunday – FoD, dry/loamy/dusty, bloody brilliant πŸ™‚
    Monday – local ride, very cold but dry.

Id be happy if our summer was like this.

Sui

ah you did ask – SHIIIIT

Friday: baby number 2 – suspected menengitis 5 hours in A&E (tis ok)
    Friday PM: Flooded house, bath tap left on, Clear up flooded house
    Saturday: Go for ride to forget about mess – snap bike (top tube and seat tube below linkage) πŸ™
    Sunday: Find leak in bathroom – fix and clear up mess number 2
    Monday: Baby number 1 – contracts hand foot and mouth disease – no sleep for eith er of us now
    Tuesday: back at a job i f..king depsise..

nice photo’s though!

AdamW

Fantastic weekend:

3 days at Afan, doing Whites/W2/Wall/(bits of)Skyline and watching the 4X (kayak23 you can see some of me mates on the right of your photo).

Then off to Cwmcarn yesterday for a blast which was absoeffinglutely brilliant.

All aided by training given by Jedi too! πŸ˜€

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Worked all weekend and got hammered as is the normal but worse on bank holidays. I was off yesterday so went to my Mother’s for a family meal, ate good food and then got pissed with my eldest Bro.

Premier Icon ir_bandito
    Subscriber

Friday morning road ride over the North Pennines to the Lakes.
    Couple of days playing in the snow, walking with my boys and extended family, eating cake and chocoltae,

Then rode home yesterday. 50 miles into a very cold easterly wind. I refer you to Rule #9 πŸ™‚

Premier Icon Bushwacked
    Subscriber

Friday – enjoyed the day with the family.

Saturday I enjoyed endured a road ride in the sun. Riding through snow on slicks was interesting. Then took the kids for a walk round the woods to go trail hunting and found a sweet bit of singletrack I’d not known about before πŸ™‚ Then got back home and got a roaring fire going.

Sunday – Visited the outlaws in Devon (missed out on my first BMX race.

Monday – 4 of us had a session at Redditch BMX track which was awesome – learnt so much.

Quality weekend πŸ™‚

fasthaggis

Friday ..cold snow/sleet road ride.

Saturday .. Life saving DIY ,Baking and finishing off Summer bike build.

Sunday .. First taster session at Sir Chris of Hoy Velodrome,scarytastic and brilliant in equal measures,riding those big banks is awezums.

Monday .. Spent the day in Edinburgh with OH acting like a tourist ,brill.

Premier Icon stimpy
    Subscriber

Took my new bike (Grand Canyon AL 7.9) for its first outings over the long weekend:

Thursday night ride 20 miles over the Purbecks – lovely up and downs
    Saturday morning ride 23 miles local trails/singletrack with mates
    Sunday morning ride 16 miles solo blast around local trails/woods

Happy legs. And the new bike is loads of fun πŸ˜€

Premier Icon Nobby
    Subscriber

Laid up with 2 twisted vertebrae looking longingly at the blue skies & seeing dry trails when I eventually got out for a short walk with the dog πŸ™

tang

Everyone ill here, so a early escape yesterday into a freezing headwind! Got to be the coldest Easter ride ever. Looking nice today will have to sly one in later…

TiRed

Dropped in a race on Saturday in freezing conditions. New Blue run at Swinley on my new Red bike yesterday.

Premier Icon takisawa2
    Subscriber

Other than chasing round the campsite with the kids…nowt.
    Knee trouble, but oddly helped a lot by swimming for an hour, with the kids earlier. Feels a bit better. Needs a ride me thinks, to sort it out properly. (Or finish it for good) πŸ™

mindmap3

Friday – long road ride (by my standards). Cold, strong head wind for large portions of it.
    Saturday – nothing
    Sunday – road ride in Oxfordshire whilst staying with family. Cold, strong head wind but still enjoyed it.
    Monday – road ride locally. The cold, windy theme continued!

Desparate to get out on the mountain bike, but my usual spots are either complete bogs or closed. Not looking good for this weekend either so I may have to go further afield.

rewski

East Sussex coast for me, Friston Forest via SDW, some great climbs and descents and a nice play in the woods, very happy.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Had a weekend break here – http://www.bluestonewales.com/ – sort of Center Parcs lite.

Had a massage booked on the Saturday. My mental image of being gently oiled by a nubile young lady was cruelly dashed when I was greeted by a bloke built like a prop forward with hands like muck shovels. He did a good job of undoing forty years of piss pure posture-induced nastiness in my shoulders though.

Managed to get a few muddy miles in on the bike too. Headed out in a random direction and more by luck than good management managed to pick a route with lots of fire road climbing and rad to the power of sick singletrack descents. Great fun was had by all, we came back with arses like a sepia-toned badger.

dantsw13

Now, this may be a little unfair, but I cycled up Corcovado Mountain to Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio de Janeiro on Easter Sunday! I logged it on Strava, but apparently Jesus is KOM on that route!! Back via Copacabana beach to see Usain Bolt run 150m. 62km and 6800ft vertical, all on a rusty Halfords special borrowed from the hotel!!

[/url]
    Untitled by danthomassw13, on Flickr[/img]

maxtorque

Managed to squeeze in a fun little scoot around Woburn. There is something of an unofficial “arms race” going on with all my riding buddies at the moment, with people appearing on more and more competent bikes, whereas i’m still stuck on my Hardtail. Thing is, i have a secret weapon, it’s called the “jedi way”, so even on my HT i can still drop ’em all on the ups and the downs, cheers Tony πŸ˜‰

Premier Icon bigdean
    Subscriber

Spent the weekend at sheffield chidrens hospital, got released 2 days early and got to meet James Toseland.

Premier Icon tuskaloosa
    Subscriber

Wall paper stripping and runs to the local tip.. sigh!!

Premier Icon rickon
    Subscriber

No riding for me, I was however doing this a short drive from the house in Scotland

Magical winter walk, some pretty thin steep ice over rock at times, and watching your missus slide down an ice sheet before getting an axe placement to arrest herself made it a real brown pointing day.

fongsaiyuk

spent sunday a long way from home – chopped some firewood – rode for a bit – dug some dirt, helped fix some wooden stuff – cleared some jumps I’ve never done before and met a great bunch of people – thanks for asking

bjj.andy.w

Friday: went shopping in Preston with the wife and the mother-in-law. Loved every minute of it πŸ™„ in the evening I drowned my sorrows with copious amounts of vodka
    Saturday : Due to the previous nights binge I nursed a cracking hangover in the morning. Afternoon walked the dog
    Sunday: great ride round the bridalways of Grizedale forest in the morning. Afternoon was spent in A&E due to my lad coming off his scooter on the skate park and puting a lovely big cut in his chin πŸ™ After they glued him up they sent him on his way.
    Monday: was going to go out on a road ride but spent three hours in A&E AGAIN after my lad fell off his scooter AGAIN and ripped open his cut. Only this time they couldn’t glue it so he had to have four stitches put in πŸ™„
    Bloody kids eh, who’d ‘ave ’em πŸ˜€

Premier Icon iain1775
    Subscriber

Pretty shit frankly
    I was going to Scotland on road bike, checked forecast early in week and it was dreadful so pulled out, forecast promptly improved and they had great weather
    however got a call sunday morning to tell us the wifes younger brother had died in a work related accident in Dubai
    Only 30 years old, just married last year

Suddenly not spending a weekend on the bike seemed very trivial

Best trail conditions on Mendip for about a year so got stuck in and rode loads of trails we abandon all winter. Big bikes big armour big speeds. 3-5 hour rides on five consecutive days. Tonight’s was the best night shift ride I’ve done with dust clouds by lamplight.

One good thing about all that rain is how much more limestone bedrock has been exposed.

Premier Icon el_boufador
    Subscriber

Absolutely fantastic photo ir_bandito. Beats anything post so far

Brilliant!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘easter weekend and how was yours?’ is closed to new replies.