• This topic has 85 replies, 58 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by flaps.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)
  • Easter rides and pics…
  • Tracey

Abigales birthday today, spent the day at Wharncliffe

vongassit
    Free Member

[/url]windows 7 screenshot[url=https://certificity.com]certificity.com[/url][/img]

roverpig

Mainly playing on some XC ski trails (sans snow). They don’t really work on a bike (surprise surprise) but I enjoy trying. Also included a loop up to the wind farm.

OCB
    Free Member

Today – South Devon / East Dartmoor.

Nice in the sun, but a chilly wind up on the top of the moor.

jekkyl

I’ve been riding these all day with my 6yr old…

Tuppeny falls in Coral Island, Blackpool. On reflection I’d rather be riding Cutgate with Tracey 😀

muggomagic

Out again today in Stanmer. It was great until I got slammed into the dirt. Pretty sore but I’m sure I’ve had worse.

robcolliver
    Free Member

Been busy with loads of rides recently – to and then around Cannock, up to Wales and back, a ride out to Winchester and a SDW.

We did the traditional steady Easter South Downs Mountain Bike Club ride toda and met in a pub near Goodwood and bimbled on the downs for the day.

Good fun to ride and chat rather than work up every hill!

coomber
    Free Member

First ride since October following two knee operations.

A whole 3.2 miles.

Felt amazing to be rolling on two wheels again. Cannot wait to build up to an actual off road ride in the months to come.

celticdragon

Hammerrite

Is that at the top of the hill above the old railway line?

You’re very local to me! I keep meaning to ride up the John Bunyan trail and take a photo from the top near Haynes to get a photo of the Airlander from a different angle.

Not quite, its from where you were thinking of taking a picture. Its off the Greensands ridge between the tunnel and the Cople bridleway.

zippykona

First ride out on my posh new to me wheels. Smoooooth. Still fighting off a cold but grabbed a lot of PBs without even trying.

maxtorque

Tracey – Member
    Abigales birthday today, spent the day at Wharncliffe

Here’s the look of, er, lets just say, an older, responsible adult, thinking “if i fall off here in these big rocks, it’s really going to hurt”

Here’s the look of a Teenager thinking “If i get this right i can boost some nice air off that big rock right there”

Ahh, to be young again eh! 😆

hammerite
    Free Member

Celticdragon – ah ok. Where I was thinking is a couple of miles away (West I think) from where you were. From there you’d get the front/side view.

Stoner
    Free Member

Turned downstream today. Lovely rolling ride out past St Jean d’Aulps heading for Seytroux. Unfortunately my gloating about the state of my bike bit me hard in the arse when my Superstar Components freehub exploded. Second time (although this is a different wheelset). Fool me once: Shame on you. Fool me twice: I’m a div. 🙄

Will have to bring a new wheelset out with me in the summer.

Fortunately Zeb from Chalet Montana kindly came to collect me and the bike, otherwise would have been a few hour stumble back home with a seized rear wheel and spds.

slowrider
    Free Member

Great thread

onandon
    Free Member

Just back from a 40 mile spin up to Nyon along lake Geneva.

atlaz
    Free Member

Did 180km on Friday riding the route of a gran fondo I’m participating in. It was slowish and quite painful at times. Tonight it’ll be hill repeats.

Alex

Nasty that Stoner. Hope you get get it sorted…

Third ride in four days worked out

[url=https://flic.kr/p/SHdcYn]Penyard MTB – last before Spain trip[/url] by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Loads more bluebells than in the same woods only two days ago.

Included a jaunt up to the recently saved Penyard castle which has had two years of work to stop it falling down.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/TKrcPg]Penyard MTB – last before Spain trip[/url] by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

And then inevitably, there was beer 🙂

[url=https://flic.kr/p/TWVMNk]Penyard MTB – last before Spain trip[/url] by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

That’s it now until we head out to Ciclo Montana next weekend. I’d love to keep riding with the conditions as good as they are, but we are deep into ‘must not mong myself before hols’ territory!

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

All I’ve managed is Saturday’s commute, a couple of quick rides around the local estate yesterday either side of the F1 race (with a headache/hangover) and a quick trip just now to Lidl and back!

Between feeling a little anxious about the roads being busier because of the long weekend bank hol; feeling a little out of sorts; waking up later than I hoped to make an early morning ride feasible before civilisation wakes up… I’ve done less riding than I thought I would and what I’ve done has been rather dull compared to the photos earlier in this thread. 😥

Stoner
    Free Member

On and on that looks sweet.
    Is it much road work or is there a lakeside path most of the way?
    Might take the brats in summer. Can pop up to the lake with their and my bikes on the rack.

I must find some of your trails over that way Al. We still need to a catch up soon.

Alex

Aye these are all above Ross. Good couple of hours worth. Ace in the dry. Not so fond of them in the wet 😉 Let me know when you’re back…

onandon
    Free Member

Stoner.

I live just outside of the city in Bernex so plenty of fields and mountains in this part. Once you get to the city itself it’s all cycle path to Nyon and beyond. I’d say probably 50 miles of cycle path on that side of the lake.

The French side isn’t so good for cycle but the drivers are much more respectful of cyclists here.
    There are also masses of rural roads to explore and the gravel bike is perfect for the job.

This is pretty typical of the cycle paths areound here. They’re usually double lane and separate from the main road traffic.
    They are also regularly cleaned so no glass and junk to worry about.

Stoner
    Free Member

That looks a plan with the kids for a day out for some exploring. Cheers, will keep in mind

onandon
    Free Member

Shout if you need anything. I’m not working at the moment so out on the bike side most days – happy to help

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I was going to race, but that got canned so went for a big ride round Peaslake on Sunday.

Not been there much recently, so a bit surprised to see it’s a dustbowl already – fast and loose now.

Spring is out in force.

oldnpastit

Eldest son insisted on a road-bike ride today, couldn’t really refuse. Cake and coffee in the posh bike cafe in Saffron Walden, then bluebells in the woods above Littlebury.

kayla1
    Free Member

No pics, but we rode up to OH’s mam and dad’s for Sunday dinner and put the extra loop in (cos it was dry for the first time in about 6 months) which took it up to around 12 miles, then home the short way (about 7 miles) in the pissing rain for a hot shower and a cuppa 😀

kevj
    Free Member

A very windy High Cup Nick yesterday.

matt_outandabout

No ride. Just as much fun though. 8)

[url=https://flic.kr/p/SEVYe3]Buchaille Etive Mhor[/url] by Matt Robinson, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/TnkWm3]Buchaille Etive Mhor[/url] by Matt Robinson, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/TXmQiv]Buchaille Etive Mhor[/url] by Matt Robinson, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/SHCokX]Buchaille Etive Mhor[/url] by Matt Robinson, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/TKRBEV]Buchaille Etive Mhor[/url] by Matt Robinson, on Flickr

(View BIG!)
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/SHDch2]Buchaille Etive Mhor[/url] by Matt Robinson, on Flickr

oldnpastit

Nice pictures there, Mr OAB!

matt_outandabout

Meh, they’re crap compared to the Colin Prior ones on the adventure show last night….

soundninjauk

Had a wedding to go to that took up Friday to Sunday, but took the chance yesterday to get out on the road bike with my brother so that he could show me some of the hills in Surrey that he hasn’t beaten me to the top of yet.

The bluebells were out in force on Barhatch Lane. Not pictured here is the 20% climb to get out of there!

Stoner
    Free Member

Great looking conditions there Matt. BTW, ygm re some PDS walks

ahsat

By some miracle we both had all of the long weekend off so 4 nights in the Lakes. Weather was a bit meh so did a couple of low level walks and ride round Grizedale and Claife, even managing some PBs and a QoM which is a surprise for how little time I’ve spent on the bike. Yesterday was a half day doing Garburn and Kentmere…finally done it clockwise! It’s actually ridable the whole way that way round. Not massive miles, but great smiles and good to see various slightly broken bits of me were working and I can still ride a bike.

And for some random reason…my work is still closed today! Where to go…?

Bream
    Free Member

Had a bit of adventure myself last Saturday, finally got the time for a proper ride so planned a 5 hour XC tour with my god son. Weather was always going to be pants, ~3degree and rain, but thought it’s only rain and we headed out.

After 30 mins the rain started to turn to snow:

After an hour it started snowing more and temps were dropping, god son’s gloves were already wet through and hands cold, but he was still smiling.

Pressed on for another 20mins and his hands weren’t better, decision time as the sensible adult, decided to turn back, by now the weather was getting worst and the snow was settling:

Another 10 mins and the god son stops, he can’t feel his hands or arms! We’re in the middle of the nowhere with no escape routes! Take the tough decision to leave him at a known point with some cover from the snow, I bomb it back to the car, by now the snow’s really bad and snow/ice is freezing on me and I start to lose feeling in hands/arms. Takes me about 40mins to get back to the car but I just make it, 15mins to take clothes off and no feeling in hands, warm up enough to text him to let him know and then 15 mins drive back to his location. By now roads are covered in snow/ice, thank goodness I still have my winter ice tires on but still nearly slide off the road on every corner. Snow’s so heavy the signs are covered so nearly miss the turns to his location.

Finally get to him and he’s ok, very cold but ok, luckily he found a forest toilet near where I left him and he sheltered in there, he’s a good scout as well and that helped.

So all in all, what started out to be a fun ride turned into a near nightmare, even now I’ve not got the feeling back on the back of my hands, think the ice lay there too long and it’s damaged the nerves but this should come right with a little time.

matt_outandabout

🙁

jonnym92

Got two local rides book-ending the weekend. Would have liked to have gone further afield but the potential traffic put me off.

nedrapier

This was mid-last week, so a bit early, but I rode past the same spot on the same bike on Sunday afternoon:

Bream – sounds sketchy – glad you got though it! Never an easy decision to make between leaving for help or keep moving together..

stilltortoise
    Free Member

The weather wasn’t as good as hoped, but the trails were in pretty good shape up in Wensleydale. I had a couple of great, short rides in and around family stuff. I wish I had as many bridleways on my doorstep as up there.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/TYPYdD]MTB Above Askrigg[/url] by stilltortoise, on Flickr

flaps
    Free Member

I spent yesterday doing a 45 miler from the Peak to home. I got the train there with a mate and enjoyed the views and fresh air but got lost, wet and knackered (see other thread). Didn’t like all the rocks either!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Easter rides and pics…’ is closed to new replies.