Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Easter hols accommodation for family of 5 in 'that London' town
  • boxelder

I’m told it’s a good idea……..

Any recommendations for decent + value hotels, hostels, etc. Couple of nights will do.
    Ta

qwerty
    Free Member

No recommendations for anywhere to stay, other than in London, your probably better off avoiding

hostels

, as in my experience they usually home the unwashed, and most that i’ve been in it’s debatable if those living there are actually any better off than living on the street!

Actually, not sure if this is in your budget, but its a damn fine central location: http://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/318/London-Central-Covent-Garden-hotel?gclid=CM3q95q-lsQCFSETwwodjy8Akg

MoreCashThanDash

We stayed at the Travelodge at Richmond/Kew a couple of Easters ago. Booked plenty early and got it silly cheap. 10 minute walk to the station and then a quick train into town. A couple of mates used it when staying over after events at Wembley as well, seems to be the nearest “cheap” Travelodge to the centre.

TheBrick
    Free Member

premier inn waterloo has some good deals on sometimes. How old are the kids? Would 3 sleep in one double bed?

Stoner
    Free Member

it’s been a few years since I used them, but the suites here are usually not too expensive and you can request extra beds. The suites are big enough for a full family.

http://www.magicstay.co.uk/146_Suites

RoterStern
    Free Member

Have a look at booking.com

TheDTs
    Free Member

We used a managed appartment near tower bridge. We had small kids at the time and realised there was no point being in a hotel as one of us would be in the room with the kids at any one time anyway. Depends on the age of the kids I suppose.
    It was a bit like a french ski appartment, with a bigger kitchen, about 300m from tower bridge on the south bank. It had parking which was charged for on top of the usual fee but easier than any other parking option.
    It worked well for us at the time, and we would use it again.

boxelder

Thanks all. Stoner and TheDTs apartment idea sound ideal. Will check booking.com too

TheDTs
    Free Member

FYI, it was Think-apartments.com which we used, Have a great time.

Edric64
    Free Member

How about youth hostels

boxelder

Normally YHA Edric, but only backpackers hostels left with family rooms.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Easter hols accommodation for family of 5 in 'that London' town’ is closed to new replies.