Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • East Sussex county council petition
  • unfit
    Free Member

Hi guys. Just been sent this. It’s about five million pounds that’s gone adrift from a fund that was meant to improve walking and cycling. There’s a petition to reinstate the money. You do have to register to sign but it don’t take long. Be good if a few people got in on it.
    https://democracy.eastsussex.gov.uk/mgEPetitionDisplay.aspx?ID=500000030&RPID=503265005&HPID=503265005&fbclid=IwAR1wYnfyIbT-umckRiCP51FIqxkYC27yMVy5ZWn3f8yEGyxhlcdgyOkJueU

duner
    Free Member

Signed. Eastbourne resident despairing at lack of seafront bike path.

MoreCashThanDash

And a link from the end of the Cuckoo Trail to the seafront would be nice

winston
    Free Member

Bonkers. Cycling/Walking infrastructure is such a cheap win v almost any other form of spending.

Why is it always the wrong people in charge

timidwheeler

Because no one can be arsed to take an interest in local government.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Signed. I wouldn’t of thought £5m would go far on road building!
    Being in East Sussex I’m surprised any money gets spent on roads it’s terrible where I am, some of out main roads are like driving off-road they’re that bad.
    Please sign.

HarryTuttle

Done, although what they have spent is pretty pointless. How hard is it to design useful cycling infrastructure?

MoreCashThanDash

Agree that roads in Sussex are poor – we travel down to visit the outlaws every 2-3 months, come out of Tunbridge and the thump of a pot hole lets you know that you’ve crossed the border

ThePinkster

Don’t live in the area but have signed the petition and agree that it should be reinstated on all the practical grounds.

How hard is it to design useful cycling infrastructure?

Very if you don’t ride and have no intention of ever riding a bike, and only look a the world from behind a steering wheel.

unfit
    Free Member

Thanks guys for all the support 👍

dusterbenny
    Free Member

Signed! another Eastbourne resident here.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘East Sussex county council petition’ is closed to new replies.