Viewing 29 posts - 81 through 109 (of 109 total)
  • East Lothian Rideout; Sunday 26th September
  • bumbly1
    Free Member

Cheers Bruce and all the pic takers, some superb shots of a great day out.

Tom

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Really gutted that I missed this one. Bruce, hopefully you can organise another in the future.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

+1 for another opportunity! 🙂

househusband

What we did routewise (55km) and links to ma photies!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Great pics everybody, after today I was thinking the blue skies of yesterday were just a dream. So good to expose my arms to the nettles and brambles as well as the sun. So many memorable moments, the first woodland descent, Pat nearly going for an early bath, Rob nearly going for a late bath, looking out over the sea, blue skies and white waves, “how do you turn this thing?”, the deadly ditch that nearly claimed Ian and last but not least, the cake!

epicsteve
    Free Member

Some great pics – looked a good day out.

coastkid
    Free Member

nice wee film you did there Rob with the Geese!,growing up at Aberlady seeing them was the yearly sign of Autumn on the way…

could do the same run again next month for those that couldnt make it?
    maybe a more Tandem friendly Gate free route..and will time it first too :wink:, loads more loops around here,alot are dry year round,infact great on a frozen clear winter day,
    on with the films…handlebar camera was a 1st time tryout and a bit low between the jungle and jittery on bumpy stuff but ok on the smoother trails,
    also new underseat mounted camera which worked good…

Steven then Gary chasing me down off the Garlton hills…
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkBdgWvEfhM[/video]

Hailes trail; a bit bumpy handlebar cam but gives an idea of a nice trail
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g_z02dz-ac[/video]

TJ glad that we were near the 1st cake stop (just another 5 minutes…)
    then onto the coast and the secret trail…
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-jQ4TcxELU[/video]

Debaser chasing me down through East Wood, my favourite as got nearly everyone on the film using both front and back camera`s
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdlTtBruEa4[/video]

few more to make still…

7hz
    Free Member

Maps!

Photies!

Vids!

Full on multimedia extravaganza!

Nice one 🙂

househusband – a few folks whose names or STW monikers I never caught; chap on the white Cannondale hardtail

That’s me – names Nick…

coastkid
    Free Member

nice to meet you Nick and interesting you grew up a stones throw from here at East Fortune 😮

ojom
    Free Member

Looks like a lot of fun chaps.

I went to the Botanic Gardens wedding fair instead…

So, when is the next EL trip?

coastkid
    Free Member

you guys set the date and will meet you at Drem Rail Station -:)
    any Sundays fine with me,
    got 2 easier(gate free TJ) and shorter routes from Longniddry station too…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Coast kid – no need to make it easier on my behalf – we are used to lifting over gates and stuff and all bar your “secret trail” was totally tandem friendly. We both thoroughly enjoyed the day out

coastkid
    Free Member

Think the loop i do from Longniddry out to Gullane hill and back through the local estates with some coastal scenery would be right up the Tandem`s street trail 😮
    HH and Co can verify that route, be good to do soon when the Geese are at Aberlady Bay…

AntM
    Free Member

looks like i missed out on a good one 😕

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Well done with the videos Bruce, well edited too, you wouldn’t think there were any gates.

househusband

I know for a *fact* that Bruce uses only Microsoft products because of the founder’s surname.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Aye, and folk that ride clown bikes have a different measurement for distance. Unfortunately they still insist on calling a mile. Think they may even have a different measurement for time too.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I went to the Botanic Gardens wedding fair instead…

W.

T.

F.

househusband

Wedding
    To
    Finance?

coastkid
    Free Member

stevenmenmuir – Member

Aye, and folk that ride clown bikes have a different measurement for distance. Unfortunately they still insist on calling a mile. Think they may even have a different measurement for time too.
    LOL 😆 Imperial measuring is still used in my Job im afraid..we measure in Yardage and turf by the yard..even though it is now bought metric-and OS maps are in KM! ,
    The mile corner at Gosford bay where Andy got chainsuck to Aberlady Church gates is a measured mile-and was used by RAF Drem Spitfires in WW2 for calibration speed runs (bet you didnt know that!).
    time is of the essence… 😮 i just ride till sunset then if need be switch on lights!..never owned a watch 😮
    so….Rob is gonna organise a Sunday ride a week on Sunday-the 10th October for his birthday…
    so maybe pencil in Sunday 17th October for a rideout from Longniddry Rail station car park…there is a tidy cafe on our return at Gosford bothy
    where we can park bikes and sit sweaty bodies outside…

yodagoat
    Free Member

I recon I’ll be up for the shorter loop from longniddrie. If i’m too slow I’ll meet you at the bothy. 😀

I’ll check my rota at work.

coastkid
    Free Member

Mike you could manage this route ok,all flat and a few stops at the old tombs in the estates,only a climb up Gullane hill with plenty time to recover as folk will be taking pics 😮

househusband

…where Andy got chainsuck…

Eh..?! That problem seems to be, at last, cured – never had one bit of it Sunday!

coastkid
    Free Member

househusband – Member

…where Andy got chainsuck…

Eh..?! That problem seems to be, at last, cured – never had one bit of it Sunday!

on the last ride from Longniddry out to Gullane Andy 6-9 weeks ago…:o,,mind the wild boar in the woods? and that bloke at Gosford House stopping us?,at the Bridge at the Mile corner at Gosford Bay?, anyway that sraight road on the coast to Aberlady is the mile!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Is that a real mile or an “East lothian mile”?

coastkid
    Free Member

ha ha ha 😆

yodagoat
    Free Member

I think I’m up north on the 17th for a wedding. I’m going to try and visit the Golspie Wildcat trails while i’m up there. I’m definitely up for one of your runs soon though for sure.

chugg08

Sorry I missed the ride. I live in Aberlady and ride / run many of trails mentioned – really good for a blast.

Can’t make the 17th 🙁 but this if becomes a regular event I’d love to catch up, especially if anyone fancies finding some new trails around here or in the Lammermuirs.

coastkid
    Free Member

chugg08, hi, i grew up in Aberlady (Craigielaw), Gosford was my backyard 😮
    Live along the road a bit now but could meet up for same route any sunday that suits over the winter…

Viewing 29 posts - 81 through 109 (of 109 total)

The topic ‘East Lothian Rideout; Sunday 26th September’ is closed to new replies.