Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 109 total)
  • East Lothian Rideout; Sunday 26th September
  • coastkid
    Free Member

planned ride for Sunday…
    meet Drem Station for ride out 11am-
    allows anyone to travel from Edinburgh by train,
    Waverly departs 10.33 am for North Berwick,
    spin up over Garlton Hills then alongside river Tyne to Tyningham village cafe for cake,
    then through woodland trails around Tyningham/Whitekirk area and return to Drem via more tea and cake stop at the man cave… around 4 hours out, 30-40 miles easy trails,relaxed pace,Hip flasks welcome 😉
    return trains to Edinburgh from 3.27pm,4.27pm, 5.27pm. etc…
    all invited 😮

RestlessNative
    Free Member

would have loved to but have plans out selkirk way this sunday

GW
    Free Member

Cool, a proper Local ride! and late enough for a nice long lie too, might well come along.
    Do you know if Andy (Houshusband) is planning on going? I’ll see if he wants to ride over.
    <EDIT> just left a reply over there << 😉

7hz
    Free Member

Sounds good, hope to be there!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Boo. Am in NI.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Will keep an eye out for this, 50\50 at the moment.

druidh
    Free Member

Possibly. And that might include a lift out for a couple more.

Very dependent upon family issues though….

ojom
    Free Member

This will depend on what DIY i have booked in my schedule…

sharki
    Free Member

Too many bookings elsewhere, bummer a little wild ride would of been good too.

TBC has DIY if he wants me to plaster a room out soon 😉

Would the ride be ss friendly in case at the last minute i can make it?

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

Would be interested but work has me elsewhere just now…thanks for organising it tho!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Make it a 32:12 sharki, Bruce doesn’t hang about once the Pug is rolling.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

might try to get along. Druidh if a lift is going gies a shout ta 🙂 especially if its a tandem friendly lift 🙂

I do have a night shift to work sunday night

sharki
    Free Member

😯

I thought it would be a relaxed ride given Druidh showed interest… 😉

phlemo

Manflued just now but should point out that there are no trains this weekend because of engineering works, buses instead which probably won’t take bikes!

Paul

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Oops – ta for that phlemo

stanfree
    Free Member

Yup Phlemo is right , there are engineering works at Abbeyhill and Drem to Grantshouse . Might head down If not working on one of the above jobs.

coastkid
    Free Member

Oh bugger about the trains! 😕
    the pace wont be too fast sharki and SS will be fine 😮

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

You say that now, I remember 32:16 not being fast enough on the way to Yellowcraigs.

coastkid
    Free Member

lol…big group ride=relaxed pace!,
    reminds me to top up Hip flask for Sunday :mrgreen:

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Big group ride=fast and furious for a bit, then stop for twenty mins to fix a puncture, then ride off and discover someone else also has a puncture. And repeat. Getting more and more tempted by the minute. Might even bring the SS.

coastkid
    Free Member

apart from one short steep climb a near perfect SS route is planned Steven 😮

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

only one short steep climb, pah, not enough 😈 As long as there are no partially dismantled fences.

robgarrioch

Looks like I’m in for this after all, provided non-niche bikes are acceptable.. Should have roof space for 1, normally proportioned, velocipede from Bonaly / south of the town (poss 2 if we’re struggling)

coastkid
    Free Member

looks like enough cars available then to cover the cancelled Train service…better go buy more cake… 😮

7hz
    Free Member

I’m gonna drive out, so if anyone wants a lift from Easter Road end of E’burgh (room for 3) then let me know in this thread.

coastkid
    Free Member

nice to see you there 7hz 😮
    forcast is good and a N.E breeze is ideal for a tailwind up the Garlton ridgeroad…
    been and got loads of cake!(keep Mr Menmuir happy!)

yodagoat
    Free Member

Still not quite fit enough for a 30 miler yet, getting there though!

househusband

Do you know if Andy (Houshusband) is planning on going? I’ll see if he wants to ride over.

Yup – have replied on the ‘other channel’!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Hip flask full, just got to fit a sensible gear on the ss and maybe a mud tyre?

coastkid
    Free Member

regular tyres will be fine Steven, for me thats Ardents,
    just gonna fill the hip flask too 😮
    lots of cake in stock…

GW
    Free Member

steven, not sure on Coastkid’s exact route but it absolutely pissed down last night here (10miles away) and I’ve been out for a ride today and I def wouldn’t have wanted a mud tyre. most of East lothian is usually pretty dry.

<EDIT> I type too slow 😳

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I am negotiating a pass right now.

coastkid
    Free Member

i thought it would dry up quite a bit today with that wind blowing but seeing as we wont be on much tarmac you could fit your mud tyre then steven…better than you throwing things at me later in the day 😆
    good news is nettles on retreat

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Out at Ratho today and not even the slightest hint of a breeze all day. The tyre on the ss coped with all the mud at 10@kirroughtree so guess it can stay on.

coastkid
    Free Member

was a Typhoon here on the coast…baltic too 😮

druidh
    Free Member

Blowing a hooly down the Lang Whang – and from the “wrong” direction too!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Aye it was a bit chilly this morning, but by the afternoon I was regretting puttin on a thermal t this morning, although I didn’t regret it for long.

coastkid
    Free Member

will deft have the chiminea fired up outside the garage for the 2nd cake stop 😮

radoggair
    Free Member

Holding a team meeting at 10:30 on Sunday morning and it will last until 11:30ish so wouldn’t be able to make it i’m afraid

stuartm555
    Free Member

Should be along for this … Sounds like we might be going for ‘biggest group ride ever’ at this rate

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 109 total)

The topic ‘East Lothian Rideout; Sunday 26th September’ is closed to new replies.