Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Early 80's music officinardo's help please
  • z1ppy

Spurred on by the success of Hoodoo’s childhood fascination, I gunna trying to find out WTF I was listen to in the 80’s…

I believe it was an famous/large (now obscure) 80’s english indie band, but the only proper clue I have for you to go on was that the album included a song with the Martin Luther king jr “I have a dream” audio clip

….it was my brothers tape (remember them?) so I didn’t acquire it myself, hence no idea of what the name was (when ask he just answers “huh?”), but it bugs me regularly.

Any idea’s?

speckledbob
    Free Member

Rings a bell. Could it be Big audio Dynamite?

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

The kings of the sample so yeah could be but I don’t recall a Martin Luther one.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It wasn’t Abba was it?

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

[video]http://youtu.be/5hxWDGB-s5E[/video]

benw
    Free Member

Primal Scream “come together” samples jesse jackson

awesome record now as it was then..

z1ppy

Just listened to Big Audio Dynamite: E=MC2, and see what you mean about the samples, not sure this is the band I’m looking for though, as I don’t remember any other use of samples & suggest it would be early 80’s (pre 86 @ a guess)

DD, being a child of the 70’s I know every ABBA song, so would remember that..
    Malvern Rider, “english” band.. but thanks for the suggestions, as my google-fu has failed me.

sadexpunk

could it be OMD? a song called ‘southern’?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx5mDxeMsCk[/video]

Basil

Enigma Moodfood?

z1ppy

I do believe we have may well have a winner… Sadexpunk, OMD’s “Southern” makes a lot of sense even if the tune isn’t ‘that’ familiar, I shall acquire a copy of the album and see. It’s only been a couple of month since I got their “Singles” for likes of Tesla girls 😀

duckers
    Free Member

I was flicking through youtube the other day and came across trans-x living on video, that brought back memories! The 80s was a great decade for music, but maybe not for hairdo’s.

z1ppy

Man I’m enjoying this album “OMD’s: The Pacific Age”, again can’t say I remember it much, but it has to be the one I’ve been looking for (for 20ish years)

Again thanks sadexpunk & resource that is STW!

sadexpunk

haha, no probs mate, this forums ace innit 🙂

jamj1974

benw – Member
    Primal Scream “come together” samples jesse jackson

awesome record now as it was then..

Samples his speech at the WattStax festival. Is an amazingly good tune!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Early 80's music officinardo's help please’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts