Viewing 40 posts - 2,001 through 2,040 (of 4,691 total)
  • Easing of Scottish lockdown
  • 13thfloormonk

Yeah, I genuinely don’t judge or care what others do, just feel more comfortable in myself doing whatever we’re told, path of least resistance!

Just wondering at what point I stop being a martyr and start riding with buddies again, the only male company I’ve enjoyed recently had been my three year old son, his sense of humour is at an appropriate level but he’s bloody slow on the hills ☹

oldtennisshoes

Good on you, I’ve been much the same and have now got to the point where I’m not even bothered about what others do any more.

+1 I’m currently sat in a pub in Bolton. You’d find it hard to believe that they’ve just gone into tier 3.

One of my sons pals has been sent home from school in Auchterarder for 14 days after one of her classmates tested positive. Unwell on Thursday, tested on Sunday, went to school Monday & Tuesday, +ve result Tuesday PM all class mates sent home on Wednesday morning. No sanction for going in Monday / Tuesday – **** crazy!

oldtennisshoes

but he’s bloody slow on the hills

I remember those days. Enjoy them while you can. My now 16 year old is a skinny hipped racing snake that the only way I can keep up with is on my ebike 😀

scotroutes

Feels that by obeying the rules I’m in a slightly foolish minority, but I can’t be bothered with the mental gymnastics required to justify my breaking the rules…

I guess I’m lucky in that, locally at least, most of the folk I know are still following the guidelines, 90% of the time at least. That makes it easier. Still doesn’t stop me getting annoyed at other folk (mostly tourists) who seem to have forgotten we still have a pandemic to deal with. In many ways though, I can’t really blame them – mixed messages, the lower figures during summer, lockdown fatigue all play a part.

jamiemcf

I’ve been too busy working, stuff round the house and entertaining a 2 year old.
    Since march I’ve seen one mate a few times for a blast round beecraigs and Callender estate with kids up front and balance bikes. Two other mates have been met in the street in passing.

I popped down to Glentress once, luckily I have the Pentlands on my doorstep.

I’m beginning to feel like a martyr and denying myself.

So I’m out to ride tomorrow morning and it’s forecast for heavy rain and wind.

mashr

The cafe’s in Glasgow aren’t shut and isn’t it even the same healthboard?

Nope, Helensburgh is in Highland. Either that or my parents are just making up any excuse to avoid me these days

scotroutes

Helensburgh is in Argyll and Bute, so part of the Highland Health Board region.

iainc

I live right at the north west end of south Lanarkshire, about 2 miles from East Ren, and similar from Glasgow CC and 5 miles from north Ayrshire.

I have been trying for the past month to keep it local and riding busy roads and paths around Bothwell Castle and Chaterherault full of people and dogs…

Today I popped the bike on the back of the car and drove 5 miles into East Ren, to Whitelee Visitor Centre and rode 24 miles of deserted gravel, my ‘normal’ local ride area.

Risk wise it felt like the safest ride I have done for many weeks..

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Driving to gravel, heavens to murgatroyd! 😆😆😆

iainc

Thing is nobeer, it’s a lovely huge big open space, full of fresh air, very few people, stunning views over to Arran and the Craig. Proper relaxing and good for the heid 👍

24 miles and a couple of hours, think I saw 3 bikes, a runner and a dog…

Oh, and mudguards too, just to really wind you up .. 😜

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Not my point, I thought gravel was all about riding from the door! 😆

I only dislike mudguards on proper MTBs, and only the rear ones. Anyway, those look like half arsed mudguards! Get something decent on that thing! 😆

scotroutes

Not my point, I thought gravel was all about riding from the door!

He has a motorbike for that.

iainc

I know, and I would normally ride the wee 5 mile stretch, however, late afternoon, low sun, heading mainly uphill and west, at Friday work finish time was not something I fancied. Too many casualty passes at that time of day on the moor road..

iainc

He has a motorbike for that.

Aye, but it was raining…

iainc

Anyway, those look like half arsed mudguards

You must have a huge arse nobeer 🤣. Mine was nice and dry at the end…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’m no the one needing a motor to assist, and driving 5 miles to hike! 🤣

iainc

… and heart disease isn’t contagious so you’ll be fine… 😀

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Lol!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Was isolating this week for a mere 36 hours, was brutal, 14 days must be horrendous.

munkyboy
    Free Member

So all central belt to be tier 3. Pubs open before Christmas? Can’t see it

scotroutes

Was isolating this week for a mere 36 hours, was brutal, 14 days must be horrendous.

I had to do the long isolation bit back in April. It was OK, but was at a time when there were more restrictions anyway which maybe made it easier to bear.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, I think I’ll get everything in that I need to redo the utility room, then if we do end up isolating for a proper spell, I can make use of the dead time!

Managed to insulate the van this time right enough 😃

imnotverygood

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-54682086
    That’s a great idea, Bish, but the problem with a truce is that both sides have to observe it. Are you going to negotiate with the virus so that it stops transmitting itself on Christmas Day? Otherwise it’s a bit like good old Tommy Atkins laying his weapons down for the day whilst Fritz motors through to Paris.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I read that bishop’s proposal. A terribly thought out idea for the reasons you alude to.

Luckily wee nic won’t be putting up with any of that nonsense..

giant_scum
    Free Member

Saw some of the comments on Kaye Adams live feed on Facey this morning.
    Christmas as usual for us etc.

Also heard reports of large house gatherings around the Old Firm match.

I really do despair of people’s mentality/attitude around the current situation!

Edit.
    As for folks being unable to grasp the new 5 tier strategy that starts at 0, come on!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

It’s Bishop Keenen that needs a kick up the arse, not Bishop Brennan, what a holy roaster.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Am I right in assuming the daily infection rate is accurate across the weekend, unlike the death numbers which have a catch up on a tuesdayish?

seosamh77
    Free Member

usually a dip in the case numbers at the weekend catch up in tuesday.

Hospital admissions seem fairly consistent.

I think death numbers, just happen when they happen, not sure if there’s a weekend effect.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

No, there’s definitely a confirmed dip in death numbers due to registration of deaths and weekend opening, or lack of.

I’m just trying to work out why SGov seem confident that rise is slowing…

seosamh77
    Free Member

Probably is slowing. But it’s relative I guess. Edinburgh seems to be doing well. glasgow and lanarkshire not so well. Best waiting till friday, so you get the weekend effect out of the road mind.

seosamh77
    Free Member

I also think the pubs shutting is starting to have an effect on hospital numbers.

first dot, is my guess about the effect when household restrictions started having an effect, second is pub I think starting to show through.

I’m comparing last time to this time here. I also suspect without restrictions numbers might have been higher too, so restrictions might be having more of an effect that the direct comparison looks like here. (reasoning, just the fact from going to spring to summer, and summer into autumn I suspect.)

grantyboy
    Free Member

am I right in thinking the central belt, i.e Peebles, is still a no go area for non locals. I’m in Aberdeen and planning this weekend riding adventures

matt_outandabout

It is advised not to – you are travelling to an area that is officially high risk. Reverse, those in central belt areas are being encouraged not to travel outside.

I have to say, I wouldn’t come south at the moment from Aberdeen. Head rural and local surely?

grantyboy
    Free Member

cheers, that’s what I thought. Just looking to ride different areas before I’m stuck back in the city and surrounding trails again thanks to the local pub crawl super spreaders

lucky7500

It is advised not to – you are travelling to an area that is officially high risk.

Incorrect. Peebles is in the Borders which is one of the lowest risk and least affected parts of Scotland.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, Peebles ain’t in the central belt, go for it.

13thfloormonk

…just hold your breath between the Forth Road Bridge and Penicuik 😀

NZCol

It was good to see the rules being so well adhered to on Sunday, as I rode back into town the stream of cars with bikes on the back and on roofs heading south to Peebles way was , well, large. At the Bilston lights there was 11 in a row FFS !

matt_outandabout

Incorrect. Peebles is in the Borders which is one of the lowest risk and least affected parts of Scotland.

My apologies. I stand corrected. Fill yer boots!

Viewing 40 posts - 2,001 through 2,040 (of 4,691 total)

The topic ‘Easing of Scottish lockdown’ is closed to new replies.