Viewing 40 posts - 1,561 through 1,600 (of 4,691 total)
  • Easing of Scottish lockdown
  • scotroutes

Announce tomorrow or Wednesday and in place for the weekend?

What are we thinking?

Curfew or closure of hospitality sector.

Some sort of restriction on non-essential travel.

No inter-household mixing.

Spin
    Free Member

They should focus on the things that really make a difference: indoor mixing but given past form I wouldn’t be surprised at draconian travel restrictions.

ta11pau1

Yay.

Meant to be spending 10 days over the border from Sunday, in an AirBnB in the tweed valley and a few days on Arran, all solo with solo bike rides…

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Aye, my plan to cycle and wild camp the Hebridean Way this week is looking a little shaky.

Shame cos cycle touring (IMO) is pretty low risk.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Agree Spin.

If they tell me we can’t go 20 miles for a day in the hills, but pubs stay open, quite frankly they can poke it up their arses.

duckman

I think Scotroutes calls it unfortunately. How to police gatherings is a difficult one though.

kneed

I think this is going to be the popular reaction – even among those who are moderatly interested in outdoor exercise:

Agree Spin.

If they tell me we can’t go 20 miles for a day in the hills, but pubs stay open, quite frankly they can poke it up their arses.

bruneep

All a bit shit really as they were quick enough to lockdown Aberdeen , yet there appears to be great reluctance to do the same on central/west coast area.

scotroutes

“Leaked document” on the Guardian suggests a 2-week Circuit Breaker arrangement during Scottish mid-term holidays. That seems like too little and too late to me.

All a bit shit really as they were quick enough to lockdown Aberdeen , yet there appears to be great reluctance to do the same on central/west coast area.

Track and Trace data suggests 2 different transmission causes and therefore fixes.

gordimhor

Since we’re told that the virus works in approximately 3 weekly cycles I can’t see a 2 week circuit breaker working it’s not long enough. I suspect that the scottish government know this. Perhaps we’re being cued up for a return to lock down during the half term.

theaccountant
    Free Member

Or was it punishment for much of Aberdeenshire not voting SNP? 😂

matt_outandabout

I think scotroutes has it pretty much. The lack of travel might sting – we are due an Argyll bike tour in a fortnight…

swavis

I think it’ll be a return to travel restrictions, which is completely pointless while folk sit in pubs 🙄
    Maybe back to takeaways only as well then…

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Yep, agree Matt. Hope the travel restrictions aren’t severe but I think it will be. Back to no gnar, no far, no cat?

I was in Aldi this afternoon as it’s usually quiet then and it was mobbed! Panic buying mode is back.

imnotverygood

Back to no gnar, no far, no cat?

I know it can be caught by tigers but this is getting a bit extreme

Spin
    Free Member

Hope the travel restrictions aren’t severe but I think it will be. Back to no gnar, no far, no cat?

I’m a dog person anyway. 🙂

More seriously I think they’d have a tough time justifying the gnar criteria at least. And the others too in areas with low numbers of cases.

bruneep

Track and Trace data suggests 2 different transmission causes and therefore fixes.

but the fixes arn’t working when you look at the numbers a more local lockdown rather than a broad brush attack

Northwind

theaccountant
    Free Member

Or was it punishment for much of Aberdeenshire not voting SNP? 😂

Not even in jest, there’s enough bloody idiots that swallowed that one hook line and sinker

aberdeenlune
    Free Member

That’s a troll post anyway as Aberdeenshire didn’t have a local lockdown.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

😂😂😂 I semi corrected my original comment and changed ‘fat’ to ‘far’ but missed the feline bit.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Pretty much this. I’ve followed the lockdown rules religiously, but if they think I’m going to forfeit doing very low risk activities outside, whilst other people are allowed to get smashed in the boozer, then frankly they can do one.

duckman

The tattie holidays are over about three weeks anyway so might be targeted as a circuit breaker. But as said,if they think I’m not going cycling/walking/running/camping during my holidays so they can keep pubs and restaurants open they can poke off.I have had the pleasure of a test this term because of a pub I have never set foot in serving underagers.And can I just wish good luck to officer Dibble finding me in the Angus Glens/ Cairngorms if I don’t want to be found.

onehundredthidiot

It’s been a rubbish half term, using the break as an easily enforceable lock down period and keeping pubs open but I can’t camp in Galloway to decompress is a bit rubbish.

Wonder where Johnson and Cummings are holidaying bet your arse it’s not at home.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Yup. Everything is just beginning to get back to normal for us so I’ll be mightily pissed off if everything gets shut down again whilst the pubs stay open.

matt_outandabout

While I agree with everyone’s frustrations, it’s clear from the news that many of the clusters we are starting to see are wilful ignoring of rules when it suits individuals.

I’m therefore going to have to accept, and will do, whatever is announced today.

Even personally we’re seeing acquaintances and family not isolate while waiting for test results, others gather for one last ride in a big group, family staying with other family across multiple houses – so never more than 6, but overall 12 people sharing a weekend, parties at student halls with no intervention by security etc etc.

I think nationally there’s a weariness to the restrictions plus UK wide a ‘Barnard Castle’ attitude growing.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Sorry Matt, I disagree.

If the same folk* I see every day walking past my house to go to the pub can drink until 10pm instead of midnight, then I’ll be going out doing my thing in our lovely quiet countryside.

* Not youngsters btw

Had a family friend put up a whole spiel on social media about her friend who was born with a heart issue, and how selfish folk we’re putting her at risk.

The same friend who she was out drinking champagne in a restaurant with 2 nights previously.

I’ve played by the rules as much as I can since this shit started, but I’m slowly getting pissed off being lectured to by folk that don’t and never have looked after their own health. I’m with P-Jay now tbh.

Mrs is off this morning to do a bank shift covid testing, be interesting to see how it goes.

matt_outandabout

I hear you nobeerinthrfridge.

I do think there’s a significant difference of heading to isolation, genuine isolation, and heading to a busy pub…

Maybe I’ve always been too compliant…

tpbiker
    Free Member

Family next door to me had a massive party the day before the new house guest rules were announced. Not great, but not illegal.

But ever since then they have constantly had numerous visitors, with cars constantly parked outside. I’m getting a little pissed off with it tbh.

The thing I can’t understand is that it’s a large multi generational family that lives there. The old boy must be in his 70s, bame ethnicity, doesn’t look healthy at all. Ie numerous factors that suggest he’s at higher risk than most. Do these people simply not care?

squirrelking
    Free Member

If the same folk* I see every day walking past my house to go to the pub can drink until 10pm instead of midnight, then I’ll be going out doing my thing in our lovely quiet countryside.

This.

It was all wrong opening pubs first to begin with, if they get another free pass they can **** right off. There are other people who can operate safely and actually do something positive for people being **** over whilst the pubcos can make some coin.

duckman

The document NS refuses to deny exists looks a bit March-with-pubs-open. Thing is; most of us on this thread have followed the rules since March but if you look at the last page, there are a few posts suggesting an unwillingness to follow a new lockdown that certainly seems unfair. So what chance have they of reducing the R rate?

gordimhor

Personally I am concerned about any lockdown over winter. In march I reacted early ( I’m a careworker) and began to self isolate a couple of weeks before lockdown. I had the best of intentions but it was a mistake, after 3 months I was really missing friends and loved ones, and craving real social contact. I was living in a small village, it was great for getting out walking or cycling with little chance of meeting anyone, and the weather was great.
    Now I live in Fort William. There will be more people around wherever I go so a bit of a higher risk . I am very reluctant to cut off the limited and sensible social contacts I do have. I don’t go to pubs anymore, but one of my buddies does he picks his pubs carefully and only has a couple of pints. It seems to me that there is less risk associated with biking locally, walking or even bivvying than there is in getting drunk at a party or in a pub. People need to take responsibility for their own behaviour and the attendant risks.

Hohum
    Free Member

From a personal perspective I will be gutted if they close gyms again after having waited ages for them to reopen.

In my local Xercise4less gym most people seem to be abiding by the new rules, but some members aren’t.

richmtb

I’ve got a week booked in a self catering cottage down in Galloway for the October half term.

I’d honestly be tempted just to go anyway. I’ve stuck to the rules but watched others just ignore them. Across the road we have a uniform couple – a police office and a fireperson – they ignore the rules more than anyone else nearby.

I feel like a mug sometimes, telling my five year old daughter she can’t have friends over in the house even though she sees them at school.

If pubs stay open but they stop me travelling then they can piss off.

trail_rat
    Free Member

while i’m against ignorantly going against the rules – the gov really are fuckign this up – if they consider keeping the pubs and other high risk recreational activities open but saying we cant travel to do the safer recreational activities then they have lost all credibility in my book ….. it just shows its all about the £

swavis

If pubs stay open but they stop me travelling then they can piss off

Yep, this nails it for me too.

Hohum
    Free Member

Agreed!

If the pubs stay open and other activities are curtailed they can beat it!

tjagain

I hope that Sturgeon does not make new travel restrictions and although I have a bit of fatigue at looking at the detail it seems to me the recent clusters are due to international travel, poor practices in hospitality industry and idiots not following guidance – so if the “evidence based practice” is still being done then thats the areas where more restrictions should come not travel withing Scotland

tjagain

Well the news is out. Very good speech and what seems proportionate and sensible targeted restrictions with most importantly the rationale for them and an explanation of the fact its all a balancing act.

No travel restriction bar “please do not car share”

I particularly like that children under 12 and 12 – 18 have less restrictions not because they cannot catch it or pass it on but because for them the balance is different

ta11pau1

So looking like pub curfews and no meeting people in someone’s house are the main rules.

Good to see that the travel restrictions haven’t come in.

scotroutes

what seems proportionate and sensible targeted restrictions

Really? I’ve come away with the notion that the government(s)  has given up and isn’t taking the issue seriously anymore. So much so, I’ve basically decided that neither should I and I’ll just apply my own sensible restrictions and ignore any guidelines with which I disagree in future. We’ll be back to square 1 in a couple of weeks.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,561 through 1,600 (of 4,691 total)

The topic ‘Easing of Scottish lockdown’ is closed to new replies.