Viewing 40 posts - 1,441 through 1,480 (of 4,691 total)
  • Easing of Scottish lockdown
  • scotroutes

Aw c’mon. Aberdonians are well known for their sharing and generous nature.

aberdeenlune
    Free Member

Heard of a family trying to check in at Crieff Hydro on Wednesday an hour before lockdown being sent home. I’d imagine if you book a hotel then give your address as Aberdeen you will be sent packing.

Re Poly’s comments on offshore workers travelling home a lot of them are travelling under safe passage. That is their travel both ways is laid on avoiding public transport so should ensure the worker gets back home safely with minimal contact.

trail_rat
    Free Member

so why does the oil company’s responsibility end when someone leaves the heliport rather than when they get home?

It’s clear you don’t understand the measures in place currently.

Equally. After you spend 3 weeks offshore effectively quarantined offshore …you are a safer bet than the people in the pub.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Also production is the cynical view.

When you have seen the cost of medivac you’d see they don’t want you offshore infecting people as a medivac is big bucks and each medivac has limited capacity/1 at a time.

daviek

Corona choppers as they’re known are as trail rat says not cheap, we’ve had maybe 4 or 5 since this started but all tests were negative. As for the onward travel thing the company I work for puts on travel in mini buses and they also cost a fair bit I’m only 30 minutes away but one guy stays in Kent! having said that as far as I’m aware no other company where I work does this.

NZCol

Am out and about in the camper . Lovely week in Rosemarkie. No props whatsoever to the 3 bellend gravel bike heroes riding 3 abreast into Achnasheen – Fuxk me get a grip it’s a main road and you absolutely knew there was a 20 vehicle row behind you. Grump over. Beautiful day, sunny swim in the sea and a whisky fuelled midge fest for dinner !

wwpaddler
    Free Member

Has anyone with kids in Scotland had guidelines from the school banning the kids from cycling to school to control Covid? Does anyone understand / know the logic behind this because I can’t work it out?

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Nope – lots of guidelines/rules about when to drop them off/where to stand etc but nothing I can see about bikes. Notorious covid spreaders that they are!

gauss1777
    Free Member

No, the message to parents at my school was:

Travelling to and from [the school], if possible, should involve walking or cycling. Where cars or public transport is needed, pupils should follow the ScotGov protocol for transport and cars could perhaps help by dropping off away from school and allowing the final stage of the journey to be walked.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Has anyone with kids in Scotland had guidelines from the school banning the kids from cycling to school to control Covid?

Nope, the Edinburgh guidelines explicitly encourage it and the streets around our school are to be shut off to help improve pedestrian and bike access

duckman

Nowt about bikes in Angus either.

onehundredthidiot

Nothing about bike in borders, that I can see.

There’s a lot of mealy mouthed wordage which boils down to we’d rather you just carried on as normal but we can’t say that.
    I think I’m going for a run before I head in.
    We get 1hour per faculty of briefing on all the usual stuff and covid but 30mins of that is the flood protection companies telling us that there will be building works.

matt_outandabout

Has anyone with kids in Scotland had guidelines from the school banning the kids from cycling to school to control Covid?

That’s the opposite of Scot.Gov. guidance. Which authority?

poah
    Free Member

current risk assessment says to clean any bike storage areas frequently nothing about banning kids from cycling to school.

wwpaddler
    Free Member

“Unfortunately, we cannot store bikes or scooters or use our bike rack as it is situated close to the gate and we cannot guarantee the require distance for adults or enhanced cleaning/reduced touch. This will be kept under review.”

From a primary school in East Lothian. Pretty sure it’s more than 2m from the school gate though so don’t really understand how the distance guarantee is any less valid there than anywhere else.

matt_outandabout

Ah, so they aren’t cleaning the area so no riding/scootering in.

matt_outandabout

I’ve just watched a nervous mrs_oab back to school today.
    She’s spent since March only seeing immediate family, a couple of friends and neighbours as she was shielding due to a Primary Immune condition.
    Suddenly to be in a building with hundreds of kids and multiple staff is going to be a shock…

poah
    Free Member

I’ve got tape down on the floor so I don’t go closer than 2m to the desks and tape guiding the pupils to their desks. Major emphasis on staff safety from the PT today. Kids will not be doing experiments which sucks. Plus I’m going to be in another room for 4 classes so have to move those desks as well 🙁

onehundredthidiot

Well that was interesting. Being quoted distancing requirements which were wrong even when shown the ScotGov information.
    School day changed and staggered. A one way system implemented signage arrived at 1530 with all staff to be out at 1545 to allow fogging.the kids have a 2hr ppt to sit through tomorrow which hadn’t been sent out when I left the building. It needs to be a staged return but we’re crashing them all back in.

Hohum
    Free Member

Another Scottish football player who thinks that the rules don’t apply to him!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-53733180

gordimhor

FFS Once again employment law must be followed, but I’m a Celtic fan and I hope they sack him.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I hope they sack him.

It certainly helps the decision making that he’s shite. Leigh Griffiths party for his wee neddy bird seems to have been forgotten…

gordimhor

To be fair Leigh Griffiths is entitled to the same legal protection as anyone else. However he’s had help with several problems and come back this season unfit and breaching the Covid-19 regs so…. If I was him I’d be asking my agent to find sound out other clubs

seosamh77
    Free Member

Sacking him would be silly I reckon, someone will buy him, jebus we got a million for kouassi! 😆

He’s a dafty, reaction, as usual, is over the top. needless to say, he’ll have played his last game for us.

If he had cost us europe, offft, that would have been a sight to behold!! 😆

more concerned about the shambles on sunday tbh!

poly
    Free Member

Wepaddler- our kids’ school said actively encourage them to cycle and we will add extra bike storage capacity if necessary!

Kids will not be doing experiments which sucks.

Poah – I’m intrigued by the rationale for this? They think the teacher has to get too close? They think the kids will be cross contaminating equipment? Or it takes too much time in a pressured curriculum…

ElShalimo

I see the NC500 is attracting wrong ‘uns again

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-53713593

poah
    Free Member

Poah – I’m intrigued by the rationale for this? They think the teacher has to get too close? They think the kids will be cross contaminating equipment? Or it takes too much time in a pressured curriculum

because we can’t walk about the class or interact with the pupils. pupils are not allowed to share anything as well. I can do demonstrations though

richmtb

I see the NC500 is attracting wrong ‘uns again

There definitely seems to be a “lads on tour” element in the Highlands that never use to exist.

Set up a checkpoint on the A82, tell anyone wearing white trainers that Balloch is Highlands and don’t let them any further north!

mashr

700 fans going to be allowed in Murrayfield, only 200 allowed into (220 acres of) Knockhill. Anyone have the slightest clue what the thinking behind that is?

Knockhill have just knocked having fans on the head completely now as they don’t think there’s a fair way to allocate the tickets. Feel for them tbh

bigfoot
    Free Member

i would guess that they want all fans seated so they can control distancing. the stand at knockhill is small.
    having said that would the stand at knockhill even fit 200 in distanced?

Northwind

TBH the knockhill thing just feels like not understanding how spectating at race tracks works, and looking at the stand capacity alone. Either that, or maybe their risk assessment wasn’t too good. Think that might get reviewed one way or another though

mashr

Which stand? There are shelters/stands at various points of the track, and even in the worst conditions people spread out all over to see different parts of the track (think I’ve used a shelter once or twice in over 30 years of going). Over 1 acre per spectator certainly seems OTT.

Think you’re right NW, possible that the criteria being used are set towards stadium sports so Knockhill just might not tick the right boxes.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Spectators getting in at the minute are just test events. If they go well, the crowds should be allowed to expand, that’ll be a slow approach though, don’t expect anywhere near even half capacity anytime soon.. I don’t really see any issue with that approach.

bit short sighted of knockhill, “to knock fans on the head”, I’d say, it’s all a process at the minute, particularly if there’s the amount of spaces as you say. (Although, I suspect the biggest issue will be people funnelling by each other and bottle necks, getting to and from their spot, to toilets, for food, drink, etc etc etc. that a lot of interaction that will need to be considered.)

Kinda up to knockhill to work out those issues and come up with solutions I’d imagine..

Woody
    Free Member

Anything re promised (Aberdeen in particular) update today? I cant find anything other than latest figures and assumed there would be a news conference at some point.

bruneep

Kinda hoping the same keep hitting refresh. Aberdeen no’s are so low its now farcical

Scotland Coronavirus Tracker

seosamh77
    Free Member

I find the heatmap the most informative thing to look at, guess we’ll be hearing up perth and kinross if that keeps up.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Woody
    Subscriber
    Anything re promised (Aberdeen in particular) update today? I cant find anything other than latest figures and assumed there would be a news conference at some point.

There’s daily new conferences mon-fri, unless sturgeon is in parliament. So we’ll get updated the morra.

stumpy120
    Free Member

But they said all week there would be an update on the Aberdeen lockdown today

seosamh77
    Free Member

She said they look at it on Sunday, not that they’ll be doing a press conf. The press conferences are pretty standard in how they go about them, so I don’t think it’s a surprise she’ll not be on till the morra.

bruneep

Viewing 40 posts - 1,441 through 1,480 (of 4,691 total)

The topic ‘Easing of Scottish lockdown’ is closed to new replies.