Viewing 40 posts - 1,361 through 1,400 (of 4,691 total)
  • Easing of Scottish lockdown
  • scotroutes

We’re supposed to be swimming later and our usual spot is Morlich. I’ve been sussing out a few others but Vaa car park is rammed and even lovely Lochindorb is bereft of a parking space. Currently at Findhorn where it’s also overwhelmed.

There’s definitely an irony at being up here in the Highlands and unable to find anywhere quiet.

fasthaggis

I thought that Morlich link of beamer’s was photoshopped,hope they all tidy up.

scotroutes

TBH it doesn’t look bad once folk leave for the day. It’s the overnight shenanigans that are the problem.

Meanwhile, 29C here in Findhorn.

dovebiker

We went to Cullen this morning, wasn’t too bad at 10am when we arrived and spent a few hours at the far end. By lunchtime, it was backed up from the car park where they would wait 20 minutes to drive down and around a full car park and leave – the old duffers trying to get into the golf club car park were besides themselves

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

School hols + good weather + fear of another lockdown = everyone out!

imnotverygood

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-53616553
    Good to see Scotland’s less individualistic society paying dividends.

scotroutes

Looks like we’re getting a T&T app now too, using the Google/Apple model and based on the Irish one.

LD
    Free Member

Drove to Skye today and slowest busiest trip I’ve ever done. On the plus side no one parked at Guiness Pool on the Etive while triple falls was rammed. Did have to clear some litter but pleasant overall and only busyness was a squad of kayakers passing through. Good entertainment with a pinned boat on right angle as well.
    Lockdown definitely feeling over. Coire a Ghrunnda tomorrow then fight crowds again at Fairy Pools Sunday. I know I’m part of the problem but kinda consider myself local.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Going to aviemore on Sunday. Feels all very nomal and everything seems open.

poah
    Free Member

I went to my class today. Spent the day sorting posters, scrap paper and glue stick.

duckman

Poah; always have an emergency stash because of nefarious colleagues. And don’t give stuff away,trade it.

juanking

Been in North Wales for the last week and can honestly say I’m glad I’m heading back up the road tomorrow. I’ve been in the Conwy area and the locals are doing their best but the holiday makers are a ffing menace, thick as mince and entitled to boot. Little social distancing going on and virtually zero masks anywhere. I hate to think what this place will be like come the 3rd when everything opens up again.

piemonster

Is the Scottish test and trace app a wholly distinct thing from the English one.

Actually, wrong question, will those arseholes in Downing Street be able to get hold of our data?

cynic-al
    Free Member

This model doesn’t hold our data centrally like the failed Boris one would have.

gordimhor

So far as I know Scottish Govt have opted for the Google /Apple app.

scotroutes

So far as I know Scottish Govt have opted for the Google /Apple app.

It’s the same as is already being used in RoI and is also being developed for NI.

somafunk

Actually, wrong question, will those arseholes in Downing Street be able to get hold of our data?

I wouldnt worry about that as this government has given Palintir access to our NHS data anyway

tjagain

I think that will only be the english data.

Scottish NHS being a completely separate body with totally stand alone records and testing for covid

scotroutes

Wot TJ wrote.

andy4d

Well I have just booked a flight from Ireland to Scotland to visit my parents this Saturday, fingers crossed things stay as they are and don’t lock down so I can actually travel. Will be first time I have seen them since last year, can I hug them🤣

gauss1777
    Free Member

Just had a quick look through my classes results. Overall they seem quite reasonable to me.

imnotverygood

Interesting and a bit disturbing to see how many cases are linked to one venue on one night. (especially as they claim they were complying with the procedures.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-53650214

bruneep

It’s all going a bit mental in Aberdeen just now, lots of bars in self imposed shut down.

Seeing some of the pics of the lack of any social distancing and lack face coverings its hardly surprising.

daviek

the rumour mill is in full swing at work about the venues involved. if any of the stories being thrown about are remotely true it’s going to be a lot worse.

Spin
    Free Member

Starting to get a bit nervous about the return to work as a teacher. Not so much for myself but the wider picture. Whatever measures they say are in place with no distancing, masks optional and inadequate handwashing facilities it really just looks like situation normal. The return seems to be based on the idea that school pupils don’t transmit so much but whilst some of the science supports that some doesn’t. Guess it’s just a case of suck it and see.

NZCol

The only way we are going to get moving is to shut boozers

Spin
    Free Member

The only way we are going to get moving is to shut boozers

That’s looking increasingly likely I think.

poah
    Free Member

Starting to get a bit nervous about the return to work as a teacher.

Has your school not given out guidelines about distancing from pupils? I’m guessing we will still have to keep out distance but that is going to be an issue for some parts of the lesson especially if you are a practical class.

duckman

The guidelines on distancing and protection are pretty vague and pretty much unworkable.For all the early noise from Swinney about class size, I/you will have 28 first years in a room that we are meant to be able to stay 2m from…aye right. We are doing a staggered return the first week,masks are optional as is uniform to get PE going. Tech and sciences are going to be hard to get going, ours have been recording videos of themselves demonstrating. It is going to be a strange new world for everybody.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Kids here are only in one day of the first week, daughter delighted 😁

duckman

Mine is in 2, it’s fair enough really after all this time.

poah
    Free Member

I/you will have 28 first years in a room

nah I can only have 20 so makes it much easier.

My eldest is in from day one but heard from primary school yet

bruneep

well done the fukwits in Aberdeen 👏

juanking

And there was me almost looking forward to leaving family in North Wales to return to a safer Scotland. Currently in Dumfries and good adherence to guidelines. Assuming we can return to Aberdeen on Friday to go back to another lockdown is soul destroying.
    Our 7 year old is so looking forward to getting back to school next week so just hope that can happen safely. But me being on the borderline shielding list doesn’t fill me with confidence. Good job you selfish prats.

Mat

My thoughts exactly Bruneep! Back to square one (or two). At least it blatantly demonstrates the high risk transmission areas/activities

trail_rat
    Free Member

It was enevitable watching the way they were at the pubs since they opened

Even in the village the notorious pub has looked like it’s put in place exactly zero measures.

irc

Spin

Starting to get a bit nervous about the return to work as a teacher.

My sister, who teaches in Scotland tells me that her union rep has heard that 66 teachers in her local authority are not wanting to return to work on safety grounds. Not one of the biggest council areas either.

She is planning to go back until she retires in January. She has other risk fsctors apart from age but reckons that as her subject has small class sizes and she is in the one room all day she will be OK. No need to mingle with pupils in the corridors between classes. Apparently no staff meetings either in school to keep staff seperate.

duckman

Good, pubs are way down the list of things that should be open and are an obvious spot for a flare up. Isn’t just Aberdeen, I am outside Montrose and one of the flat roofers was shut by the police last week.

poah
    Free Member

My sister, who teaches in Scotland tells me that her union rep has heard that 66 teachers in her local authority are not wanting to return to work on safety grounds.

We have been given face masks and not likely to be doing experiments at the moment which is a bit sucky. Can still do demonstrations though. Not so much an issue with nat 5 and above biology but BGE science is full of experiments. I can see chemistry having issues and maybe physics.

We won’t be doing whole school meetings on the inset days but our base is big enough for meetings.

bruneep

*Please note this is an update specific to the cluster investigation* 5 August 2020 We can confirm the number of…

Posted by NHS Grampian on Wednesday, August 5, 2020

*Please note this is an update specific to the cluster investigation*

5 August 2020

We can confirm the number of cases detected in the Aberdeen COVID-19 cluster now stands at 54.

We have, to date, identified 191 close contacts. Investigations are ongoing and we cannot rule out detecting further cases and therefore more close contacts.

Dr Emmanuel Okpo, Consultant in Public Health Medicine, said: “I know people in the city will be concerned by this news. I want to stress that our health protection and Test & Protect teams are working extremely hard to speak to all the detected cases and identify their close contacts. We will be in contact with everyone.

“Right now, we need everyone to be vigilant. This incident highlights COVID-19 is still with us. I cannot stress enough that people should ONLY arrange a test, via the NHS Inform website (or the staff testing scheme if you work in health & social care), if they have the recognised symptoms. These are a fever, a new continuous cough, and/or a loss of your sense of taste or smell.

“If you are identified as a close contact of a detected case you will have to self-isolate for 14 days. Please do not seek a test if you do not have symptoms; getting tested and receiving a ‘not detected’ result will not remove the requirement to self isolate.”

We are aware that a number of detected cases linked to this cluster have visited other venues across Aberdeen and as of 12 noon today, these venues are as follows:

1. Bieldside Inn
    2. Bobbin
    3. Brewdog
    4. Buckie Farm Carvery
    5. Café Andaluz
    6. Café Dag
    7. Café Drummond
    8. Cock & Bull (The)
    9. College Bar
    10. Dutch Mill (The)
    11. Dyce Carvery
    12. East End Social Club
    13. Ferryhill House Hotel
    14. Hawthorn/Adam Lounge
    15. Howff (The)
    16. Justice Mill (The)
    17. Marine Hotel (The)
    18. McGintys’s
    19. McNastys
    20. Malmaison
    21. Moonfish Café
    22. No.10 Bar
    23. O’Donoghues
    24. Old Bank Bar
    25. Prohibition
    26. Soul
    27. Spiders Web
    28. The Draft Project

There were also four leisure settings named – Aboyne Golf Club; Deeside Golf Club; Hazelhead Golf Club; Banks O’Dee Football Club.

Everyone in Grampian is encouraged to remember the FACTS guidance:

F – Face coverings. These should be used in shops and on public transport (buses, trains and taxis)
    A – Avoid crowded places.
    C – Clean your hands frequently, using water & soap whenever possible.
    T – Two metres – observe physical distancing.
    S – Self-isolate and book a test if you are suffering from COVID-19 symptoms.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,361 through 1,400 (of 4,691 total)

The topic ‘Easing of Scottish lockdown’ is closed to new replies.