Viewing 40 posts - 1,201 through 1,240 (of 4,691 total)
  • Easing of Scottish lockdown
  • tjagain

Satans slaves ( certainly when I rode motobikes in manchester) were known as a pretty nasty bunch. Maybe they have turned into weekend warriors nowadays but they were not allowed at many biker rallies and had a very nasty rep. Real hells angels types not weekend warriors back then

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Exhibit a. Able bodied Ebikers

How’d you know tj was gonna post up next? 🤣

tjagain

Oi – I have multiple disabilities I’ll have you know!

sweepy
    Free Member

4 or 5 fires at loch morlich beach tonight- that’s not even wild camping and nor is the commando monument.
    I’m starting to feel like a mug for staying in

trail_rat
    Free Member

Well here’s hoping it’s pishing with rain just as heavy as it is here at morlich.

They will all be home by 6 am I’m sure.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Satans slaves ( certainly when I rode motobikes in manchester) were known as a pretty nasty bunch

Yep, I use to work with a fella who was a member. He wasn’t the type of bloke to be messed with as I recall. This was about 20 years ago however, maybe they have mellowed a bit since.

oldtennisshoes

scotroutes

A parasol?

iainc

^^^^ hahaha 😂

At least with the toilets being open there hopefully aren’t too many shallowly concealed turds on the beach awaiting digging up by children on sunny days over the holidays…. 😔

oldtennisshoes

A parasol?

Next to a ghetto chiminea made out of a washing machine drum.

moonsaballoon

Drove from paisley to the callender estate trails near Falkirk yesterday with my 7 year old to meet a mate and his boys . I was expecting the roads to be heaving and the trails mobbed but it was really quiet . Weather was a bit rubbish and the cafe was shut but I still thought people would be keen to get a bit further away than they’ve been able to recently.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Well, for better or worse I am going to the pub on Friday.
    Not particularly bothered myself, but a pal is coming to visit who has been at home with her parents for the last few months and is desperate for some “normality”. So booked a table for 4 in Peartree for 2 hours on Friday afternoon (the longest you can book for). Will see how it goes, though would probably prefer to drink beer from my own (free taps) on the roof terrace!

aberdeenlune
    Free Member

We are heading up to Aviemore today for the week. There’s no toilet in our van but in our defence we have booked a house on air BNB.

Hopefully the locals won’t be giving us dirty looks and it won’t have turned all Royston Vasey.

scotroutes

Loads of tourists around. Not like “normal” yet but getting there. OBI opens its beer garden today.

gordimhor

^ although the official event was cancelled it seems this was a group of bikers that included a number of ex-servicemen. They moved their tents further away from the actual memorial when asked, and all their camping equipment had been taken up by van, including a toilet facility. (I saw them heading south this morning and there was no kit on the bikes). I’m told the place was left very clean and tidy.

Good to read that TGA. Hopefully some of the local reaction on social media can be dialled down a bit now.

piemonster

Hopefully the locals won’t be giving us dirty looks and it won’t have turned all Royston Vasey.

Theres Newtonmore for that

thegreatape
    Free Member

Good to read that TGA. Hopefully some of the local reaction on social media can be dialled down a bit now.

From an admittedly cursory look, it does seem that it has. There were a couple of local folk who went up there to clean up the mess, and reported that it was spotless.

beamers

Anyone have any ideas at what stage we will be allowed to stay over at another family’s house? I’ve trawled through the Scottish Govt guidance and nothing is leaping out at me.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

And tattoos! When am a gettin ma tramp stamp?! 🤣😂

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Drove to perth and did the trails up around Kinnoul. First time i have driven more than a handful of miles since lockdown. Was great to be out, met a mate who took a seperate car and spent 3 hours there having a great time. Trails were muddy and it poured at the start but loved every minute of it. Lots and lots of people about but felt all safe /socially distanced.

mulacs

@beamers should be allowed in phase3. Im hoping an announcement this Thursday (9th) will allow this – desperate to see the folks…

matt_outandabout

Fingers crossed for the 9th as announcement of more freedoms.

I’m still nervous of how many cars that are out, having had to go to Larbert over the last few days.

seosamh77
    Free Member

I see the highland neighbourhood watch is in full flow! 😆

seosamh77
    Free Member

Anyhow, had my first pint in a beer garden today, was only in for half an hour. Just picking up the auld man to give him a lift up the road. Would have been rude not to have a quick pint! 😆 Felt weird.

Anyhow, 30 minutes in, and generally socially distanced, but tables hugging each other goodbye as some tables left. All fairly civilised tbh, not a drunk crowd by any means, was interesting to watch for a little while. Can imagine a drunk crowd will be a riot tbh…

Pubs open = society open imo, any real pretense of social distance happening when they open for indoors in a few weeks time is out the windae, imo.

Not against opening up at all, myself, we have to find the functional level in this incremental manner. Just do hope we are over the worst and the track/trace and local isolation works well.

poah
    Free Member

guessing that was a pint of soda water and line.

seosamh77
    Free Member

A lovely fresh pint of draft lager, went down well! 😆

aberdeenlune
    Free Member

Made it to Aviemore yesterday. Quieter than usual still quite a few tourists about. Got out on the bike through the forest trails, was tremendous. I noticed the Aldi is quite posh in Aviemore. The ones in Aberdeen are a bit tougher and social distancing does not take place. In Aviemore it’s all smart, organised and social distanced. Thought I was in Waitrose.

On the ride back to the digs yesterday I passed the Old Bridge Inn. It was busy. Looked great. However can’t go there the kids are very keen on social distancing so I’d get told off.

poah
    Free Member

A lovely fresh pint of draft lager, went down well!

and then you drove?

seosamh77
    Free Member

Don’t think that would be advisable, you’d probably be sitting there wanting me done with car theft and driving without a licence or insurance, as well as drink driving! 😆

poah
    Free Member

you gave your old man a cokeie back then

seosamh77
    Free Member

Or mibbie someone else was driving…

tjagain

Prof Linda Bauld, the Bruce and John Usher chair of public health at the University of Edinburgh, said she believed part of Scotland’s success rested on the clarity of Sturgeon’s leadership, but that the success was also driven by geography, demographics and timing – components which had helped suppress the prevalence of the virus.

As a communicator, Sturgeon had been “phenomenal”, said Bauld. “She is trusted. And if the communicator is trusted and is seen to also communicate uncertainty where there is uncertainty, she does that extremely well. That increases public confidence that there’s a reason why they’re being asked to do x, y and z.”

From the Guardian – hardly known for its support of the SNP or its knowledge of scottish issue and politics
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jul/08/we-mess-with-this-virus-at-our-peril-sturgeon-urges-caution-as-covid-19-deaths-fall

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

It’s been fun at work, broaching the political situation with the staunch unionistas, with Westminster currently resembling an Ealing comedy. But the best part is offering the opinion that BawJaws has done more for the independence cause than pretty much anyone.

They like that. 😊

bruneep

Thought I was in Waitrose

all those milfs making feel funny down below?

tjagain

I know some staunch unionists who have gone from disliking Sturgeon to huge respect for her during this crisis.

Woody
    Free Member

I have a lot more respect for her since Covid as she has presented herself very well. How genuine it is I have no idea (I would like to think it is) and even Alastair Campbell appeared to have mellowed in his piece yesterday.

It obviously helps her significantly when compared to the moronic clueless shambles over the border.

Liftman

A stuffed soft toy would look good compared to bojo.
    To be fair she has been fairly clear and consistant from the begining including actually saying the word lockdown at the start of this which bojo seemed unable/unwilling to do.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

She’s also not got very much competition in Scotland……Richard Leonard…..😬

NZCol

Exactly. Not a fan of her rhetoric at all but she has been very clear and consistent which has, against a backdrop of epic fluckwittery, made her stand out in leadership. You don’t have to be Poirot to work out what’s coming next when the time is right out of all this and to be fair she has tee’d the ball up perfectly aided and abetted by BJ, Cummings and the Westminster elite.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

She’s tee’d nothing up, instead she seems genuine in her strength and determined leadership to steer her country through this shitstorm, but it’s a nice side effect that Bawjaws et al in the monkeyhoose have done more for the independence cause than anyone.

She really just has to carry on doing what she’s doing, and independence will be inevitable.

Had a wee day hillwalking on Arran yesterday, never in my life did I think I’d see the summit of Goatfell deserted in July, was tremendous.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,201 through 1,240 (of 4,691 total)

The topic ‘Easing of Scottish lockdown’ is closed to new replies.