Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Easiest way to 10-11kg 29er HT ?
  • whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

Get an f29 lefty my 2014 alu frame bike is circa 10.5kg, although recently stuck a dropper on so will have done up

Always coming up on eBay

njee20
    Free Member

@njee20 – you need to read what I wrote. I stated that my Solaris had Hope wheels and Bontrager tyres, I didn’t say it was light. 😉

Yes, there are options to make it lighter but there’s two caveats – price and the fact that I’m not exactly flyweight. 😳

What you said was “there’s not a lot of options to make it any lighter”, which is totally untrue (and implied to me you think what you have is light), literally every single component could be upgraded to save weight, in some cases easily. You don’t think those upgrades are worthwhile, and that’s fine, it’s totally diminishing returns, but wading into a weight weenie post with your XT groupset, Bontrager tyres and 21lb bikes being as light as you can go!? That’s heresy! 😉

Anything with a Lefty is definitely a good place to look second hand, they’re significantly lighter than conventional forks. A second hand carbon F29 is probably within budget.

singletrackmind

I have been thinking about this. What you need is a reward incentive. The incentive is many shiney bike parts.
    For every kg of lard that you lose give yourself £100.
    Put your money in a safe place then when you have enough buy a frame. You can then look at forks, wheels, etc so every other month parts turn up, light weight, in budget and , even more importantly you have made yourself lighter.
    As there is nothing more frustrating than having a pile of shiney nice things that need putting together you will be better at dieting, then in a year’s time you will be 82kg with a bike that is also 2kg lighter.
    No cheating, or selling your other bike to generate funds. It has to be bought with fat, or the loss of the fat.
    Zero point in rolling up with a carbon scalpel when you are tipping the scales at 95kg.
    Fastest bike I have ever ridden was a bling bling lefty scalpel. And they Re be coming affordable, if you lose enough weigt
    Xx

nedrapier

singletrackmind, that’s a delightful strategy. Really satisfyingly symmetrical!

Weeksy, you should definitely do this!

nedrapier

You might need to tweak the numbers a bit, though. 10kgs weight loss gets you a grand. How much can you/ do you want to lose? And how much do you think might be worth spending?

weeksy

Ned, I bought a CX bike for a trip to Belgium in spring instead sorry.

The weight loss plan a d cycling still stands though

nedrapier

No need to apologise! Crack on, good luck!

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Easiest way to 10-11kg 29er HT ?’ is closed to new replies.