Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Ease of access and use of magifier, Windows 8
  • Mounty_73

I have been asked to help with a chap who has problems with his sight, he is currently using Win 8. He has a very large monitor but he still requires the text to be large.

Now I know Win 8 has Ease of access with a magnifier etc, but can anyone recommend any third party software that will help with accessibility?

Cougar

Windows 10?

Cougar

bearnecessities

Dark Reader extension is worth a try; it basically dark-modes the internet. It’s excellent from an accessibility point of view by reducing the strain/photosensitivity that come with some visual impairments, and is much slicker/more consistent than the Windows High Contrast mode.

(You can also easily exclude sites that already have specific dark modes, such as Outlook)

https://darkreader.org/

Mounty_73

He did have Win 10 but decided to go back to Win 8. Only because he could operate W8.

bearnecessities

Could you give some idea of what he’s struggling with? What does he say he finds difficult (light/focus/reflections etc) ?

Really need more detail on the problems before anyone can suggestion solutions.

There are screen-readers and all sorts of stuff, but might be overkill if the actual difficulties can be understood and dealt with in other ways.

slowoldman

The only one I’m familiar with is “Zoomtext” which we had several users on where I used to work. Does the magnifying and highlighting stuff, has speech option. We had occasional freezing with it but I reckon that said more about our base build than the software. Also “Jaws” as a full screen reader.

One of our users had “Magic” at home which she rated.

These are all bloody expensive.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Ease of access and use of magifier, Windows 8’ is closed to new replies.