Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Earbud headphones that keep falling out…
  • ohnohesback
    Free Member

What can be done? Glueing them in is not an option…

GrahamS
    mogrim

Did the original pack come with substitute buds?

mogrim

Or maybe something similar to this, but lower down?:

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

i have the same problem. not found a set of earbuds that’ll stay put for more than a minute or two. There are lots of other types available though, I’ve tried a lot in a bid to find the perfect model. I’ve got a set of the top ones that GrahamS posted above but the angle of the earpiece makes them uncomfortable for me when worn for extended periods they do have a reasonably good sound quality though. As well as a couple of pairs similar to the GrahamS’s bottom picture, by Sony and Sennheisser.

My favourites for on the sports use are these from philips

My favourite for non sports use are these from bang and olufsen

PiknMix
    Free Member

Buy bigger rubber buds and they will stay put.

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

You could try getting some of those expanding foam ear plugs, punch a hole down the middle of them and use them instead of the rubber buds.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

I use yurbuds for running. They are great. Got me round a marathon without falling out.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Just remembered this that i saw the other week too. Might be an option if you’ve already got the newer type of apple earbuds. It’s a clip on extension that squishes up into your ear. Not entirely sure they would be comfortable but I expect they would work for some people.

available from http://sprngclip.com

eskimonumber1
    MSP

I use the Bose sie2, work really well, never fall out, and are very comfortable.

CountZero

Triple flange eartips. They were supplied with my Shure SE215’s, and my MEE M6 Sports, and you can buy them separately too. You just have to make sure that the hole in the eartip will fit over the audio tube on the earphone; MEE eartips fit large diameter tubes, and the Shure ones fit small diameter earphones, like Etymotics. Apart from custom fit eartips, triple-flange ones are the only sort I’ve ever found that will fit into my ears properly and stay there.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Triple flange eartips.

Tried those, got some Shure ones. In normal use they stay put for about 20 minutes but gradually work loose and pop out. On the turbo trainer they’ll not stay put for more than a couple of minutes and once I get a proper sweat on there’s really no point trying to put them back in.

For the time that they are sat properly in the ear the sound quality is great though.

Dobbo

CountZero

Tried those, got some Shure ones. In normal use they stay put for about 20 minutes but gradually work loose and pop out. On the turbo trainer they’ll not stay put for more than a couple of minutes and once I get a proper sweat on there’s really no point trying to put them back in.

For the time that they are sat properly in the ear the sound quality is great though.

Wierd, I’ve never, ever, had a problem with mine coming out on their own, even when really hot and sweaty, it’s getting them out in a hurry I struggle with, they fit so tight.
    Getting them in is sometimes a hassle, I usually just moisten them to get them to slide into place, but once in, that’s it. In fact, my Shure ones have taken on the shape of my inner ear, almost like custom fit ones.
    I can’t understand why yours don’t stay in place.

julianwilson
    Free Member

t’wife runs a bit and raves about these “yurbuds”. YEPMV (Your earhole profile may vary) but they are her most staying-put ones so far.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

New Apple earpods are the first I’ve ever had that stay in.

Looking for a Bluetooth behind the head for the gym.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I can’t understand why yours don’t stay in place.

Sweaty deformed ears, I guess.

I am the only person I know that has so much grief with getting earphones to stay put, I must have unusually shaped ear holes (I believe that is the technical term). I just had a quick count up and I currently have 8 different pairs of earphones none of which I would consider perfect.

Shures are the best sound quality but don’t stay put long enough to be properly practical, close but not quite.
    Sennheiser wrap around ones are decent enough sound quality but a little uncomfortable for extended use.
    Sony and Sennheiser clip on ones are both uncomfortable and have weak sound as they sit awkwardly.
    Bang and Olufsen are a good compromise but don’t cope well with sweat (the sound gets intermittent)
    The philips wrap around are a good fit, cope with sweat but lack any depth to the sound.
    The old style and new style apple earbuds won’t even stay put for 30 seconds if I’m sat dead still.

hugorune

Yarbuds. I sweat a lot and they don’t fall out. Even indoors on a treadmill with no fans. And i mean a lot.

TooTall
    Free Member

Serious question. Do you have hairy ears? If I don’t keep trim, ear bud headphones won’t stay in.

That and buying the headphones that come with 3 sizes of rubber bit to get a better fit.

parkesie
    Free Member

Ive used the type that loop over the ear while they do stay put never found them particularly comfortable. Now have some bose in ear they stay put perfectly and sound great for in ears type headphones.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Do you have hairy ears?

Dunno what the OP is like on the furry ear front but I’m bald as a coot in the ear department, no trimming required here. All down to shape, I reckon.

robarnold
    Free Member

I’ve got these: Sennheiser cx400, come with a multitude of earbuds to suit every shape under the sun and sound quality is outstanding. They’ve never come out of my ears

They also do cheaper versions with the same fit but slightly inferior sound quality

konabunny
    Free Member

The new apple earbuds don’t even stay in at all for me, they fall straight out. It’s only the rubber tipped ones that you jam straight in the ear that I can use.

prawny

I’ve got odd shaped ears only really deep IEMs will stay in my ears properly, that’s one of the reasons I use these

CountZero

I guess your best bet is to invest in a pair of custom eartips made to fit the Shures. Not the cheapest option, to be sure, (see what I did there?), but you’ll have the advantage of great sound, replacable cables, and eartips that will genuinely fit your ears, irrespective of shape, funny or not. Cost will be around £112, but the combination will last you years. hifiheadphones.co.uk might me a good starting point.
    prawney, those are the ones I have, but with the triple-flanged white eartips on. They go right into my ears, and just stay there. Having the cables designed to go over the top of my ears means the phones dont get yanked out of my ear’oles if the cable gats snagged.
    I really want custom tips on mine, but can’t afford them ATM.

prawny

I’m not sure I’d bother with custom tips for normal phones, they’re almost as expensive as some custom iems. Especially when you add in the cost of the universals. Single driver minerva ones are quite reasonable, I think that’s what I’m going for next. Or maybe some dual drivers.

Another option is to buy something cheap, like soundmagic e10 or something and get some comply foam tips. They should stay in.

crankman
    Free Member

Are you talking about something like these ones:

http://www.complyfoam.com/

Anyone tried the isolation or comfort ones?

http://www.complyfoam.com/products/Ts-400/

Edit: Sorry prawny, I misread your above post as ‘get some comfy foam tips’…

youngrob

+1 for the comply tips, they eventually lose their spring but they come in packs of 5. I had a pair of beats tours that would not stay in my ear for longer than 5mins even when sitting still, the comply tips sorted them so they stayed in. Having said that the comfiest in ear headphones I’ve used are these Klipsch x10s

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Earbud headphones that keep falling out…’ is closed to new replies.