Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • e13 Tubeless Valves
  • jamj1974

I bought some of the e13 tubeless valves recently – because they looked like a good solution to occasional leaky valve issues.

I thought I would install them yesterday, but cannot for the life of me – unscrew them into the two component halves.

I’ve looked online – including e13’s own site and cannot get any clarity.

Anyone got any idea?

pothead
    Free Member

I’ve been using them for a couple of years now, found them pretty simple to install and as far as I remember unscrewed easily by hand, sorry but I can’t really say anything more helpful than that to be honest

jamj1974

No worries – thanks for responding.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jamj1974

It turns out that I just needed to hold the knurled ring firmly with pliers and unscrew the base.

I hadn’t wanted to do that because of marking the ring – but once you said that it just unscrews, I thought it was worth a shot.

pothead
    Free Member

needed to hold the knurled ring firmly with pliers and unscrew the base.

I vaguely remember using a 3 or 4mm hex key on the base to tighten the 2 parts together when fitting the valves, worth remembering as the correct size on my multi-tool was too short to reach into the bottom of the rim bed when I managed to destroy the E Thirteen tyre (thumbnail sized hole that wouldn’t seal) on the rear wheel and couldn’t remove the valve to fit a tube. I made sure 2 put a suitable one in the pack after that disaster

jamj1974

Good tip – thank you!

bikesandboots

Looks like a new version is in the works https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/20760769/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘e13 Tubeless Valves’ is closed to new replies.