Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • E13 TRS+ crankset – do you really only have to use there BB's?
  • vitusbigwheeler
    Free Member

Ive a e13 trs+ crankset and bottom bracket, bracket seams to be on way out at a alarmingly quick rate.

its a PF92. 30mm spindle, not cheap to replace either. Question? half the internet states you have to use the e13 brackets due to spindle size? has anyone gotten away with an alternative? Hope for instance?

cheers

Neb

I’m pretty sure it’s only their BB you can use. = expensive!

I managed to strip the crank extractor threads on mine, so when my BB goes it’ll be back to SLX and threaded BB with the SRAM Adaptor.

honourablegeorge

Hope and Raceface are using 30mm spindles now – you might be able to use their BBs. Depends on the width of the E13s – spacers might solve that though

vitusbigwheeler
    Free Member

Hmm so apparently race face do spacers to make there’s fit, (just need to figure out which kit & then find a vendor) emailed hope customers services see what they say. BBs aren’t half frustrating though!!!! Next bike, sinple consistent format!!

z1ppy

Thought they upgraded the warranty to 2 years on their BB’s, as they were so confident in them…
    I had some-one mill out an old one of their BB to fit ‘normal’ bearings

MARTINJ
    Free Member

Hope make one that fits and is much better than the e13 one. Speak to Bike scene at Guisborough who will sort you out with the correct size etc.

vitusbigwheeler
    Free Member

think the warranty only one year, following up with commencal as bikes only 8 months old and emailed e.thirteen also. also noticed the crank pull is missing from the pack of bits also. mildly annoying to say the least……

chopchop
    Free Member

think the warranty only one year, following up with commencal as bikes only 8 months old and emailed e.thirteen also. also noticed the crank pull is missing from the pack of bits also. mildly annoying to say the least……

I also didn’t get the crank extractor tool included in my pack from Commencal. A very kind gent at Silverfish posted one out to me just yesterday after I enquired, they’re the UK distro for E13.
    My <3 month old Bb is starting to feel rough already with some rust showing around the edges. I’ll get onto bikescene about a Hope BB after the tip above.

z1ppy

hmm 1 year no quibble warranty, coulda sworn it was 2years not that long back (as I was impressed they were willing to keep swapping BB’s eternally 🙂 )

vitusbigwheeler
    Free Member

Yeah not been that impressed by commencal thus far – free hub failed in week 2 and took a while to sort that out. Raising this one, they referred me to silverfish, Love the bike, but it’s live a Renault five gt turbo. Fun when it goes…

vitusbigwheeler
    Free Member

Anyone know if a standard crank pull works on these BBs? Hoping to be out on it this weekend but if can’t even get crank off to plug bob full of grease then probs not a good idea.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘E13 TRS+ crankset – do you really only have to use there BB's?’ is closed to new replies.