Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • e13 TRS Cassette, long term reviews?
  • spacehopper

got most of the bits i need to switch to 1X11 from 1X10…

i was going to use the new hope cassette on one of the one-up freehubs with my DTSwiss hubs…

but it only works with 12mm axles.. and i have a 10mm axle and cant swap the dropouts on my frame..

so has anyone used one of the e13 cassettes for a while.. if so how has it stood up? any annoying creaks or premature wear? as i could do with the 44t low gear! 🙂

leftyboy
    Free Member

Mine’s just arrived and is sat on my desk so I’d also like to hear if anyone has any any long term feedback.

boxxer7
    Free Member

Not a great deal of help but I love e thirteens products and have had plenty of them but in my experience they’re always unreliable, their bearings are rubbish and normally silly sizes that aren’t off the shelf the plastics go brittle and snap and spare parts seem to be expensive.

I cant help but think that one of srams 42T 1x cassettes and a smaller chainring would be the better buy? My X01 cassette has done 2000 miles and is still fine.

Not much help but thats my take!

leftyboy
    Free Member

@boxxer7 Sort of agree but the main reason I went for the 13 TRS cassette was that it’s 9-44T and as I run a 32T oval front on my FS and can’t fit an oval 34T I wanted the 9T to help with spinning out on the road. I rode the FS last night and went down the best bit of singletrack in the area and spun out as it’s dry and dusty!

The 44T is going to help if I can get a 34T non-oval to fit.

I’ll report back over the next few weeks/months

boxxer7
    Free Member

I’ll be keen see how it holds up, its just all my dealings with E13 that puts me off. Love their pedals on the downhill bike but they’re so flakey! never mind the chain guide 🙂

Mine is 2 rides old now, so can’t give too much feedback. So far it seems to be doing a job of being a cassette

mboy
    Free Member

200km on mine so far… No creaks, groans, mis-shifts or anything bad to report… So far it has just got on with being a cassette…

Loving the 44T bottom gear on my full sus, only used the 9t once to check it even goes in it! To be honest, a 10-46 would be better for me and allow me to run a 32T instead of the 30T I’m running currently (this is on an Evil Wreckoning 160mm travel 29er mind, which doesn’t have the chainstay clearance for smaller chainrings).

The only negative so far is the mid range gears feel a bit spread apart, but then that’s the nature of the beast with a wide range setup. The 9t works but is a bit of a gimmick, but if chainstay clearance isn’t an issue and you need a roadie spin gear, then it’s a bonus.

Personally I think as soon as Eagle comes down in price slightly, I’ll be on it. The 50T bottom gear and even spread al the way through the cassette will allow me to run a 34T chainring for the chainstay clearance I want, and give me more than enough spread of gears too.

spacehopper

thanks for the replies.. 🙂

i did think the 9t might be a smidge too small and remove a more useful gear in the midrange..

i think an 11spd 10-44 would be perfect for me..

so it might have to be a SRAM cassette then a 44t one-up cog if there’s not enough range for me..

Finkill

I would wait for the XT 11-46 to arrive later in the summer. Good range, no daft 9t sprocket and fits a standard freehub body. Ideal IMHO

Goldigger
    Free Member

Wish there was a release date for the shimano 11-46 cassette, if it’s soon it will stop me going for the 11-42

I’m not sure what’s daft about the 9t – I use it all the time with a 32t front and still spin out. It doesn’t skip or jump, so it’s a no brainer for me.

1×11 is a total compromise in gear range – high and low, made up for by not losing your chain. I’m getting used to it though

Finkill

9t is daft from a wear and efficiency perspective. If you use it all the time with your 32t chainring it won’t last long.

Gwinn uses an e13 DH cassette with a 9t smallest cog, along with a 32t chainring on his YT Tues. Not sure he has to worry about wear and the price of new parts though.

sillyoldman

Goldigger – 11-46 XT cassette is due 1st week in July according to Madison’s B2B.

spacehopper

the thing that puts me off the XT cassettes is their weight compared to SRAM..

granted the SRAM cassettes cost much more..

but The 11-46 XT would also let me keep my current 32t oval chainring and crank without needing to swap them too to get the 30t oval..

but, id miss out on the higher 30t – 10t and potentially lower 30t 44t if i swapped to a one-up cog on the sram..

argh. 🙄 😕

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘e13 TRS Cassette, long term reviews?’ is closed to new replies.