Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • E13 TRS+ (9-46) 11spd cassette on sram mech. Anyone running one?
  • Poopscoop

I like the idea of the 511% range but have heard they wear quite fast and the shifting isn’t great?

Using on an X01 mech.

astormatt
    Free Member

Can’t comment on wear rate as it’s on a bike that only gets used a handful of times a year…..but…..in the first 15 miles the biggest ring bent. Lbs straightened it and it’s been fine.

Shifting must be ok as i can’t honestly say it is any worse than the original Sram cassette it replaced.

Nice to have the extra range on steep hills.

Poopscoop

I think I’ve heard of the alloy big ring bending before?

Were you out of the saddle giving it some at the time?

astormatt
    Free Member

I honestly can’t remember, i don’t usually ride out of the saddle climbing, more happier spinning up climbs so i doubt it was that….

I must admit i fitted it myself and i only adjusted the b screw, not the high or low on the mech so it could have been poor set up.

Poopscoop

OK mate,

And the shifting is pretty decent?  What cassette were you using before this one?

bigwill
    Free Member

I gave up on mine, it ran perfect for about 3 months then started skipping in the 9t , 10t & 12t under load. Particularly the 12t.

I tried chain tension, b limiter screw but nothing worked. I replaced those 3 cogs and it worked again but only lasted 2 months. I was running a 28t front ring and wonder if a bigger front ring might of helped, though I don’t see how.  The newer ones seem to have changed design a bit and are only 2 pieces not 3 so maybe this is something that’s been sorted. It was a real shame as when it worked the range was great.

astormatt
    Free Member

It was a Sram XO1 10-42 cassette and i am running an XX1 rear mech

Poopscoop

Cheers guys….

Tempting but i’d not want to have issues after a few moths!

If one comes up new at a good price I mist take a punt. 😉

joebristol

I thought I’d read that Sram mechs (non-eagle) weren’t very happy getting up into the 46 tooth ring.

Poopscoop

Seems to be ok from what Ive read. Plenty seem to be running Sram mechs on the 9-46.

Cheapest I can find for the cassette seems to be £202.  Fair chunk of money!!

joebristol

You can get a full Sram GX Eagle group for £340 ish from CRC can’t you?

joebristol

Just trying to find the review I’d read where Sram mechs were struggling to hit the biggest ring and I’d mixed it up with the sunrace 11-50 cassette. Apparently Sram mechs generally didn’t work with that but Shimano ones that claimed up to a 46 tooth worked ok with it.

Poopscoop

Ah, I see mate. So sram on a 50 tooth is an issue?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘E13 TRS+ (9-46) 11spd cassette on sram mech. Anyone running one?’ is closed to new replies.