Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • E Street Band Steve Van Zante
  • donkeysled

Watching Bruce Springsteen at Glastonbury last night. Started Googling band to see what everyone is up to now. Is it only me that didn’t recognise Steve Van Zante in the Sopranos? Thought it was a wind up at first!

hols2
    Free Member

Bit more obscure, but Katey Sagal (Peggy Bundy) was a backing singer for Bob Dylan and Bette Midler before she became famous as an actress.

BoardinBob

Is it only me that didn’t recognise Steve Van Zante in the Sopranos?

I’d say yes

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    CountZero

That’s Miami Steve Van Zante, who’s had his own solo career, much like Nils Lofgren, who was in Grin as a teenager, then a solo artist, then became part of the East Street Band, and still does solo stuff when not with Springsteen. I’m not sure if he even has a fixed home base, he’s perpetually touring!
    I first saw Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers supporting Lofgren, absolutely incredible gig.

stanfree
    Free Member

He auditioned for Gandolfinis part in the sopranos as well. Hes great as Silvio Dante but coul;d never have been Tony.

krixmeister

He’s also the writer, producer, and lead actor in the very funny TV series Lilyhammer. Available on Netflix and possibly other channels: https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/70221438

BoardinBob

Also, it’s Zandt not Zante😂

donkeysled

Yeah I know, sausage fingers!
    I’ve followed the band for a long time just was surprised I didn’t recognise him. Only ever seen him in a bandana!

fatoldgit

Still goes out with his own band when not on E street duty

Little Steven and the Disciples of Soul

Caught em in Leeds a year or so back and they were great.

In fact several of the E street band tour in their own right… fingers crossed Jake Clemons does again soon

P.S… I also found Tom Petty when he supported
    Nils Lofgren, and he stole the show

BoardinBob

He only agreed to star in the sopranos on the condition that his character didn’t end up being a rat

On a related Sopranos note, Steve Schrippa and Michael Imperioli (Bobby Baccala and Christopher Motisanti) have a new Sopranos podcast, where they rewatch each episode and discuss it and the show, plus they have other actors on as guests. They’re doing it remotely at the moment because of the pandemic but the plan is to get them into the same studio once things are back to normal. It’s really good and Michael Imperioli in particular is a great guy to listen to. Has a huge knowledge of the craft

It’s called Talking Sopranos and it’s on YouTube as well as the usual podcast places

https://www.youtube.com/c/TalkingSopranos

Mikkel
    Free Member

Lillehammer is hilarious, Springsteen is in the last episode as well.

donkeysled

Will check that out.

scandal42
    Free Member

Was gutted when they called time on Lillehammer. Although it was getting a bit silly in season 3

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘E Street Band Steve Van Zante’ is closed to new replies.