Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • E-Socks for Cold Feet
  • ready

So Mrs Ready gets really cold feet when out riding. I’ve found these on Amazon, has anyone used them? Worth a tenner or save my cash?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Volwco-Electric-Heating-Battery-Outdoor/dp/B07Y51CW34/ref=sr_1_18?keywords=heated+socks&qid=1576507251&sr=8-18

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

I’ve spent quite some time today researching the subject of cold feet….

Eventually I opted for some Hothands Foot Warmers. I started looking at heated insoles but for anything reputable you’re looking at well over £100 and they seem like quite a lot of faff.

I then remembered I had a pack of Hothands hand warmers from years ago so thought I’d break them out and see how warm they actually get and I was pleasantly surprised.

They’re cheap too

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

Also the reviews on those socks look terrible!

bsims
    Free Member

What about wetsuit socks inside her shoes with a thin sock to line them so her feet don’t get too sweaty?

I’ll bet those battery powered socks short out in the first puddle.

northernsoul

The only thing to watch out for is that the hothands warmers need air to work, so they might not be as effective inside a windproof outer sock.

doomanic

Has she tried the Sealskinz thick socks? They are merino lined and toasty warm.

salad_dodger

I tried the Hothands footwarmer jobbies a couple of days ago and didn’t really feel any benefit. I’m going to give Rooster Hot Socks from bosunbobs.com a go next as someone on here recommended them a couple of years ago.

muddyjames
    Free Member

Have you tried planning a route with more hills to climb 🙂

More seriously though- tight shoes could be part of the problem too. going for thicker socks then compounds the problem.

drnosh
    Free Member

How about heated motorcycle clothing:

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/101451

powered from:

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/328475

Keis, as above or Gerbing, from the same Sports Bike Shop.

ceept

I’ve found knee length seal skins are awesome. From an army surplus store they are about half of bike shop price.

sirromj

If you have an e-bike, you can get heated spd shoes that interface with e-spd pedals. Noice.

doomanic

Make sure you keep her core temp up. Get a heated gillet.

FuzzyWuzzy

I used to ride with someone that wore heated socks when it got really cold – he seemed to rate them, not sure what brand they were though. Personally I always found winter boots + merino liner socks + wind and/or waterproof outer socks (e.g. sealskinz) did the trick for me. If you don’t already have decent winter boots then I guess it makes sense to try heated socks first as they’re a lot cheaper.

Flaperon

Toe warmers from any generic outdoor equipment shop work well for me. You need to let them get started out of the shoe for five minutes but then they seem to get enough air through the shoe’s own ventilation holes.

Toasty feet all day.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘E-Socks for Cold Feet’ is closed to new replies.