Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)
  • e-smoking in the office – dilemma
  • MadBillMcMad

We have a No e-smoking in the office policy.

So there is this pillock at work.
    He got told off by HR with a one more strike & your out after being caught smoking in the office.

Today he asks for my help so I pop over & there he is, sat at his desk smoking.

If I complain I guess he will be out & I will feel guilty.

So STW collective, what do I do?

If it helps he is a complete ****, ignorant & generally disliked

johndoh
    Free Member

If it helps he is a complete ****, ignorant & generally disliked

Your answer is right there.

ads678

Tell him to stop or you’ll grass him up!!

z1ppy

He’s been warned, he’s ignored the warning, it’s not your fault he’s a ****

Junkyard
    Free Member

personally I would say you have been warned if you do that one more time i will report you to HR

I suspect its really only a matter of time before he is out anyway

Drac

Complain.

Why are you asking what to do?

johnners
    Free Member

I don’t know much about ecigs but the ones I’ve been near have always reeked. If I couldn’t even tell he was doing it until I went over there I probably wouldn’t be too bothered as long as he packed it in while I was in the vicinity. He doesn’t seem too keen on keeping his job though.

spawnofyorkshire

If he’s already reached the point of last warning then you won’t have been the only one to find it offensive and complained, just let HR know quietly.
    Sounds like he’s a twunt anyway so enjoy watching the desk get packed up and him leaving

DezB
    Free Member

Why are you asking what to do?

Cos he’s mad.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Does he have slats?
    Do you have a hoof?

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Have you tried talking to him and trying to engage him, maybe he just needs a hug ! hey maybe you and the guys in the office could get together and devise a mime to express your feelings about e cig vapour permeating your space !

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Have you tried talking to him and trying to engage him, maybe he just needs a hug ! hey maybe you and the guys in the office could get together and devise a mime to express your feelings about e cig vapour permeating your space !

MadBillMcMad

I am totally gobsmacked that he is doing this.

He has a good job, a young family & has been told by HR – do it again & your off

Why would you ?

I’ve got a good long bike ride at the w/e.
    Having a go at the YD200 – perhaps I’ll feel better after that.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Rock up with a bottle of single malt and one glass and start having the odd nip at your desk and see how things pan out…..

seosamh77
    Free Member

MadBillMcMad – Member
    Today he asks for my help so I pop over & there he is, sat at his desk smoking.

You’re being out of order tbh.

DezB
    Free Member

Yeah! Helping someone. You git.

sandwicheater

Obvious is obvious. Your drug him, get his house key, break into his house and steal all his pudding and bum his dog.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I get my own back on the e-fag crew by drinking alcohol free lager at my desk. Freaks out HR as they don’t know how to respond.

jekkyl

LOL @sandwicheater, those last 3 words! do you mind not being quite so funny, some of us are at work.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Don’t be a snitch. HTH.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Nobody likes a grass….when you are 12.

Dob him in!

Coyote
    Free Member

No dilema, the bloke is a moron and a selfish one to boot. If you are feeling partiuclarly generous then give him a final warning but personally I’d just dob him in.

maccruiskeen

When he’s not looking sabotage his vaping-doofer* by replacing the toot with an acme duck call.

*(I don’t actually know what they’re called, I’ve only got one friend who uses one and she says its ‘like sucking perfumed farts out of a robot’s tampon’. So in my head they’re ‘robotampons’)

km79
    Free Member

If it bothers you then grow a spine and deal with him direct. Grassing him up to get him the sack is chicken shit stuff.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Tough guy alert

hora
    Free Member

He’s taking the mick out of his employer and the respect of his fellow workers. As a previous smoker I struggled every time a ex colleague vaped infront of me. She couldn’t care less.

He’s an adult. Hes been told yethe carries on regardless.

johnners
    Free Member

When he’s not looking sabotage his vaping-doofer* by replacing the toot with an acme duck call.

*(I don’t actually know what they’re called, I’ve only got one friend who uses one and she says its ‘like sucking perfumed farts out of a robot’s tampon’. So in my head they’re ‘robotampons’)

I believe the correct term is “Douche Flute”. HTH.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

**** him

There are a couple of dicks in my office go around vaping all day and nobody says shit. I just keep telling them they look like they’re sucking on a robots dick

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I believe the correct term is “Douche Flute”. HTH

I’m going to be using that! A perfect description.

maccruiskeen

I’m going to be using that!

Perhaps give it a bit of wipe first

Cletus

Were there any “mitigating” circumstances? – e.g. outside normal working hours? – not that it should matter.

In your shoes I would just remind him that he has been warned and that it is not a good idea to continue. If he ignores you then more fool him.

matt_outandabout

I would suggest to him that’s he is going to cause problems – likely to end in dismissal….
    (Passive/aggressive of course…)

Cougar

Don’t be a snitch. HTH.

**** him. HTH.

A) he’s reportedly an arse anyway,

B) there’s no need for it, he can go stand in the rain like the other addicts. If he was locked in the building for eight hours I’d have more sympathy. What you’ve got there is contempt, either he’s a living brain donor or doing it intentionally to make a point. Make a point right back.

shakers97
    Free Member

Is this even a dilemma?

1) e-cig WTF? At least real smoking was cool e-cigs make you look like you’re playing a crap piccolo
    2) general consensus in my office is that they are more disgusting than real fags
    3) he’s had his warning
    4) he’s a ****

I’d be up to HR quicker than a man with a signed pay increase authorisation form. Get him shopped asap. You’ll be the office hero.

jimjam
    Free Member

Just say something that lets him know how you feel. You’ll feel better especially if you feel like you might get him sacked if you report it to HR. Just be calm about it, but to the point.

convert

I struggle to care about e-cigs. Hates cigs, hate the smell, hate the smell on your clothes after spending time around smokers. But ecigs….meh.

Bazz

Wow, there’s some serious venom going on for e cigs/vaping here, is the daily fail website down for maintenance?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

How do you know he’s on his final warning? Office gossip? Surely that’s confidential.

Daffy

Does it bother you, does it affect your work? If no, why complain?

TomB

As the saying went at school, Snitches get Stitches. HTH.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘e-smoking in the office – dilemma’ is closed to new replies.