Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • E-Mail Connection Woes
  • myopic
    Free Member

I posted before Christmas about hard drive problems (Boot Failures), well it died over the holidays, but I had a full back up of everything. New PC purchased, everything transferred over from the offline hard drive except for my ******** email accounts! As I’m self employed and use my PC for work, this is a bit inconvenient.

I have 2 accounts. Focusing on the work account which is hosted with an on-line commercial provider, I have all the historic e-mails on the new PC, and I can receive e-mails no problem. The issues are I can rarely send an e-mail. I have had about 4 out of over 100 actually go out today. The others languish in the outbox, or if I reply to one it looks like it has gone but then I get a message from system administrator saying cannot deliver. I have checked all my settings and they are as before. I have checked with the host provider and there are no issues there. The error message is that it has no internet connection and the sending fails – but there is internet connection as I am receiving e-mails without a problem and I can have the radio on-line through the day.

The personal one is even odder. I have my historic e-mails and folders there too, and I can receive, but when I try to send they appear in my work e-mail outbox, then when I delete them, they are in my work e-mail bin! I have taken that account off the system just now so that I can focus on the work account.

Rebooted lots of times, checked and double-checked passwords and settings.

I’ve moved to Windows 10 from Vista and I am using Outlook Mail.

I’m going to try and go see an IT professional if I can tomorrow, but just wanted to check in case I am missing something obvious or anyone can think of a quick fix?

xora

New pc come bundled with some crap virus/security suite like mcaffe/norton/bullguard? If so try temporarilly disabling it and see if it fixes the problem?

myopic
    Free Member

Thanks, Xora. Came with Mcafee and Windows defender. I’ll give that a whirl tomorrow. Had enough for one day!

Sandwich

Windows defender is ok but uninstall Mcafee.

myopic
    Free Member

Success! Mrs M found a solution on the Internet. Apparently problems with sending Emails is a known problem with Windows 10, and the fix was easy. Details here for anyone who is interested: http://www.msoutlook.info/question/cannot-send-after-windows-10-upgrade

Didn’t need to uninstall or switch off Macafee or anything. Incidentally, why are so many people anti macafee? It came with my new PC for a month, but I have a subscription anyway to cover all our PCs at home.

xora

Didn’t need to uninstall or switch off Macafee or anything. Incidentally, why are so many people anti macafee? It came with my new PC for a month, but I have a subscription anyway to cover all our PCs at home.

Because it degenerated from a good product to a useless bloated bit of adware very quickly. In professional experience a LOT of PC problems could be fixed by removing it! But it may now recover now Intel own it.

At least it will never reach the lows of Norton though 😀

myopic
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback Xora. Bearing in mind I need security for my business, what would you recommend in place of macafee? Or just sit tight if I have never had major problems?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘E-Mail Connection Woes’ is closed to new replies.