Viewing 15 posts - 161 through 175 (of 175 total)
  • E-Bikes Who , What , Why
  • buckster
    Free Member

I had a go on one at Blazing Saddles Cragg Park show room. It was definitely not what I expected, and it was a lot of fun. I am a typical grumpy old elitist cyclist, I despise hairy legged roadies, roadies that pedal off the block on every rise let alone climb, computer bike fitting etc. But I can see the logic for these bikes and they are fun, and that has to be what its about.

kayak23

Except your point is moot, however loud you about about it, because you haven’t tried one. If you’d tried one you would, besides understanding how fun it is, also appreciate that issues of speed, erosion and conflict that you perceive are non existent. You haven’t felt or understood how they operate so you are throwing invalid arguments into space.

No its not. I honestly don’t want to start this argument in this thread……so I’ve just deleted my response to you.
    🙂

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

The logic of these bikes is that a lot people are lazy, on the whole. They wouldn’t exist otherwise.

DezB
    Free Member

I couldn’t make any sense of the (quoted) response, to be honest.
    I really don’t get why the objections are so strong, why does it matter that much? <-rhetorical!

(nothing against eBikes and their users here, beyond what I’ve already said as a “hater” 😕 )

DezB
    Free Member

futon river crossing – Member
    The logic of these bikes is that a lot people are lazy, on the whole.

Please! No-one respond to this. Even I can safely say this is a troll (or just plain dumb)!

martymac

Zippykona
    My ebike would have made it up that ‘hill’ easily.
    I bought an ebike because im massively unfit, and i reckon I could make it up that little lump on a normal bike pretty easily too tbh.
    So im gonna go with user error.

alpin
    Free Member

I rode Brechfa (Raven n Gorlech) at the weekend with my housemate (he rides singlespeed) and I think that we were pretty evenly matched with me at 10%, he maybe had to push himself a bit harder than normal. I use 25% on descents just to give me a bit of the pedal power back that I’ve lost (and will likely never regain). On the steep climbs I was certainly faster, and a couple of times he had to walk which means that there’s no way I’d manage them on my normal bike and walking uphill really, really screws my legs up.

he was on a singlespeed and had to walk…. what a loser!

Legoman
    Free Member

Bit late to the party on this one, but until recently I was in no way e-bike curious.
    I have no issue with them, just figured they were for folk who ‘needed’ the assistance for some reason.

However, went to the Rutland demo day a few weeks ago with a couple of mates & we demoed the Haibikes e-range (fatty, hardtail and full suss).
    What an absolute hoot! All 3 of us climbed off the bikes grinning like idiots. I can honestly say, this was the best fun I’ve had on a bike erm… possibly ever!

They did encourage us to ride faster than we probably otherwise would (actually, to be honest they brought out our inner hooligan a bit!)and I can definitely see the potential issues on shared trails, but if you’ve never tried one get yerself a demo and give it a try – seriously, it a revelation!

Nico
    Free Member

My problem with e-bikes is the same as my problem with full-sussers in the 90s:

1) They are likely to date really quickly;
    2) They are ugly.

Which ones look best (i.e. most like a proper bike and less like a bodge)?

My commute is a bit far to ride unaided but ideal with a bit of motorvation.

Andy-R

My problem with e-bikes is the same as my problem with full-sussers in the 90s:

1) They are ugly
    2) They are ugly.

Andy-R

I think I’ll fit one of those E-Go motors to my Liteville 301 – at least it would probably look a damn sight better than all those other minging things.

I’m not entirely serious – or entirely joking either.

Rickos
    Free Member

Dirt Mag have a mini site up for e-mtb. Bike tests, why, heart rate info, etc.

E-MTB

10pmix
    Free Member

Love the way mine looks. Love the way it rides. Its beyond fun though, there’s more to it. It transforms the downhills as much as it does the ups. Overall the ride is a different experience.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

he was on a singlespeed and had to walk…. what a loser!

First rule of singlespeed , everyone walks

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

anyone know how to derestrict the motor in the specilalized turbo levo (brose motor).

I’m told you go into the mission control app and change the wheel size. Not tried it though but I know it can be done remotely.

Viewing 15 posts - 161 through 175 (of 175 total)

The topic ‘E-Bikes Who , What , Why’ is closed to new replies.