Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • E bikes being charged double
  • bigrich

there’s no money in MTB

On a thread complaining about having to pay.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Yes, that was my point, in general MTBers spend money on kit, and baulk at having to pay for riding.

It wouldn’t bother me paying to ride somewhere good, rather than this current bollocks of ‘paying for parking’ in the middle of nowhere.

geex
    Free Member

**** the money.
    **** paying for parking.
    Build, look after, maintain and share your trails.

Ps. Emtbs wipe the floor with regular mtbs for trailbuilding/maintenance

colp

^ It makes lugging tools up much easier. I was doing some drainage work last week then sessioning the tracks on mine.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Build, look after, maintain and share your trails.

A fine mantra sir.

I wish every MTBer would donate one weekend a year to trail building, imagine the amount of awesome tracks we would have?.

geex
    Free Member

The trail building scene is as healthy now as I’ve ever known it TBF but there are still a hell of a lot of folk who seem to just think they build/maintain themselves. Fees to enter forests and car parks with facilities to play on nicely groomed trials doesn’t exactly do much to educate them.

squirrelking
    Free Member

On a thread complaining about having to pay.

If you knew the land owner in question you would know what we were talking about. “Installed” trails then expected to make money from sod all including the particularly embarrassing bit where they couldn’t deliver an already promised enduro. More money to be made from hosting crusties for festivals a few times a year then setting about the pheasants and wildlife for the remaining 6 months.

Was no reason the trails couldn’t continue to exist except he wouldn’t make money off them.

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘E bikes being charged double’ is closed to new replies.